Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Drinks (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/drinks-t194585.html)

teacherbailey 07-15-2012 10:18 AM

With IBS and lactose intolerance, I don't drink anything dairy or any juices (acid content!). I hate the taste of coffee and tea so basically I drink water or drinks that are mostly water, like orangeade and lemonade (but only the canned or powdered mix kind; the kind made from real lemons has too much acid for my tummy). Fortunately I like water.

Latrinka 07-15-2012 10:53 AM

Miller Lite!

Dakota Girl 07-15-2012 11:16 AM

I have to admit, that I am working on a coffee addiction, that I have had since childhood. I grew up in a Swedish family so need I say more? I have to crawl to the coffee pot in the morning. Since moving to Maryland I have discovered iced
coffee and sweet tea. Not really fond of either, especially the tea. I am trying to drink more water and love an occasional
glass of ginger ale and ice, especially in this summer heat. I have been pondering something, how did our ancestors possibly survive summer wearing all of the clothes they did, with no a/c. Corsets, petticoats, hoops and long skirts,
I guess they were made of stronger stuff than I am.

May in Jersey 07-15-2012 11:17 AM

Coffe with a little milk and no sugar for the morning. I like cold drinks, diet Pepsi or 7 up in the can,(although I haven't had any lately), plain seltzer and ice tea. DH and I usually have a cup of hot tea in the afternoon but not during the hot weather. Then it's ice tea, prefer to make my own but sometime have bottle tea. Ice tea is so refreshing. I've been drinking more water, especially in restaurants. Why pay for a big glass of soda or ice tea that doesn't taste good and that you'll most likely leave unfinished. I ask for with lemon.

quiltmau 07-15-2012 12:31 PM

Coffee and more coffee- although I have cut down. Iced tea when it is hot or ice water-have to have ice water by the bed-cats and I share.
Love Irish tea with milk and honey.
Try to keep sugar to a minimum-use Splenda-not fond of Equal.

kydeb 07-15-2012 01:53 PM

I gave up drinking anything with artificial sweetener last November. I gave up sugary drinks years ago. Now I mostly drink water. Occasionally I drink unsweetened tea. I used to hate water. My taste buds have now adjusted and the last time I took a sip of a soft drink, I poured it down the drain after that sip! It tasted terrible!! I do drink coffee in the morning and have an occasional hot tea (herbal).

captlynhall 07-15-2012 04:24 PM

I drink iced tea. Have a lovely little tea pot I got at an antique store. Put one family size Lipton tea bag in and two or those little metal loose tea holders with a flavored tea. I prefer mango, apricot mango or peach, but do sometimes do current. I pour boiling water in the pot, let it steep for about 10 minutes then add it to filtered water to make a 2 qt. pitcher full. Drink it morning, noon and night. I also like plain filtered water. Have a filtered water dispenser on the refrigerator door, but also just bought a Brita filter. I like it better because the pitcher stays in the fridge and I can have a glass of really cold water at any time. Never drink coffee. Upsets my stomach. But on special occasions will have an Espresso. That doesn't bother me. Go figure. At night, I do indulge in my one Martini. Never drank milk. Even as a kid.

Annaquilts 07-15-2012 04:36 PM

water, home made tea with no sugar both hot and cold, 1 glass of milk daily and some times wine or beer

TanyaL 07-15-2012 05:00 PM

Classic Coke

EllieGirl 07-15-2012 05:07 PM

I drink water, milk, and wine. In the winter I'll drink cappuccino, I have a machine, and the coffee is decaf. I cut out sodas over 20 years ago. I too question the artificial sweeteners. Hubby drinks soda daily that are diet, but I think you just can't add artificial stuff to our foods without having some type of repercussions.