Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   hotmail scam ??? not sure (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/hotmail-scam-not-sure-t131586.html)

belmer 06-19-2011 09:32 AM

Big scam.... They NEVER< EVER ask for your Birth date!!!!

nativetexan 06-19-2011 10:36 AM

delete, delete, delete. go into hotmail and see if anything like that is there. i bet it isn't. hotmail has been hit hard by scammers. i get emails from fedex and ups too! very irritating!

eastermarie 06-19-2011 10:38 AM

Don't do it!

moonwork42029 06-19-2011 11:11 AM

Any time you have a question such as this, you can research it through "snopes.com" and it will show what activity is going on in scam departments.

Also if you want to be sure your account is active, NEVER EVER go through an email link...go directly to the website in question. Look on hotmail's main page for a way to report scam/spam/abuse topics. They may request you forward the email to them so they can track it's IP address.

Never give your password or other identifying information on a letter/email that is sent to you. Always contact the sender directly through your normal means, do not call any numbers or emails that the sender provides. Banks and credit cards are also being hit really hard right now with scam emails.

texas granny 06-19-2011 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by mile hi quilter
I received this e-mail this morning, the actual e-mail has the windows logo, and looks very real.. has anyone else received this???Thinking scam but dont want to loose my e-mail acct...

Dear Account User,

This message is from our data base center to all free Hotmail account owners. We are currently upgrading our data base and e-mail account center. We are deleting all unused accounts to create more space for new accounts. To prevent your account from closing, you will have to update it below so we will know that it's a presently used account. To do this, You have to click on your reply button to reply back to this message and then you fill the information below.

* Username : ………………………..
* Password: ………………………….
* Date of Birth: ………………………
* Country Or Territory: ……………

Characters:

Enter the 8 characters you see

Warning!!! Account owner that fails to verify his/her account after 24 hours of receiving this warning will lose his or her account permanently.

Sincerely,
The Windows Live Hotmail Team

I have had my hotmail account since 96 and I haven't recieved this message. you might contact them on your own and let them know of the message. So they can correct the spam.

DebsShelties 06-19-2011 11:14 AM

It's someone trying to get your account info, Don't do it.

sueisallaboutquilts 06-19-2011 12:11 PM

I'm sure Gmail isn't scam proof but it's my favorite. Had many others, now just Gmail. I've had really good luck with that junk going into my spam box.

Mimito2 06-19-2011 01:13 PM

Another in a long line of SCAMS.

amyjo 06-19-2011 01:19 PM

SCAM RUN AWAY---DELETE DON'T OPEN

Lindsey 06-19-2011 01:22 PM

scam!