Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   How to handle selling fabric to quilting board member (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/how-handle-selling-fabric-quilting-board-member-t144293.html)

feffertim 08-11-2011 08:17 AM

Paypal is so useful to have and more and more companies are now offering it as an option for credit card payments. I like it because you don't have to give out credit card numbers on line. it is easy to set up. Don;t be intimidated.

MTS 08-11-2011 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by feffertim
Paypal is so useful to have and more and more companies are now offering it as an option for credit card payments. I like it because you don't have to give out credit card numbers on line. it is easy to set up. Don;t be intimidated.

And, if you have the credit card set up in PayPal as your funding source, you are still able to get miles/points for all the monies spent (if your cc is set up that way).

'Cause I don't buy a quart of milk or a FQ if I'm not getting miles for it. :mrgreen:

ptquilts 08-11-2011 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by MTS

Originally Posted by feffertim

And, if you have the credit card set up in PayPal as your funding source, you are still able to get miles/points for all the monies spent (if your cc is set up that way).

'Cause I don't buy a quart of milk or a FQ if I'm not getting miles for it. :mrgreen:

right on - with me it's Hilton Honors points!!

patricej 08-11-2011 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by clynns
PayPal is best. There is NOT a fee to the buyer or seller if you do the following. Give the person your personal email that you use with PayPal. Tell them to go to the site and click on the PERSONAL tab NOT the SERVICE tab. Then make sure that 'gift' is selected. If they go thru the service tab, you will be charged 5% of the cost paid. Out of $100 that comes to $5.00. At any time you can transfer funds in your account into your bank account. Cheyl

to repeat ... members who sell here in our thrift shop/classifieds are NOT allowed to do this.

the seller is required to accept payment using the "goods" option and to pay all associated fees.

May in Jersey 08-11-2011 10:07 AM

Gal in UK who is purchasing my Harry Potter fabrics already has Pay Pal and will pay me that way, first I need to sign up for Pay Pal and then we're set to go.

Question: How does Pay Pal notify me when payment is received? I'll need to know that before I mail her package. May in Jersey

MTS 08-11-2011 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by May in Jersey
Question: How does Pay Pal notify me when payment is received? I'll need to know that before I mail her package. May in Jersey

You'll get an email. But you the best way is to check the balance in your PP account.

May in Jersey 08-11-2011 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by MTS

Originally Posted by May in Jersey

You'll get an email. But you the best way is to check the balance in your PP account.

Thanks for the info. Trying to get as much info about PP before I join.

lynnsim 08-11-2011 10:59 AM

May, you need to go ahead and join PP. They have to verify you and it takes 2 or 3 days.....

edensgaite 08-12-2011 05:27 AM

I have a pay pal account but dont know how to use it in conjunction with this site. Are there instructions on buying and selling on this site and using the paypal account to send and/or receive funds? Thats what I need help with.
Thanks
Mikki

Connie in CO 08-12-2011 05:34 AM

Sorry,if my check or visa isn't good enough i won't buy anything.