Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Oh boy...I knew this time would come but I don't think I'm ready... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/oh-boy-i-knew-time-would-come-but-i-dont-think-im-ready-t38302.html)

littlehud 03-01-2010 03:39 PM

It's a hard time. Just know you raised her right and hope she remembers all you taught her.

Honey 03-01-2010 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by vicki75
Here daddy wants to line the guns up on the table just so the boys get the idea. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I like the idea of locking her up and tossing the key!

One of my nephews got out his shotgun to "clean" when boys started to come around. I'm sorry to tell you, it didn't stop them.

Favorite Fabrics 03-01-2010 04:12 PM

Things really do seem to happen overnight!

So... the boys have discovered HER... but what does she think about THEM?

My daughter's in 7th grade, and right now she says that all the boys are idiots. Proven by the fact that they line up at the edge of the pool and push each other in.

(Girls are way less likely to do that sort of thing...)

Chasing Hawk 03-01-2010 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by Favorite Fabrics
Things really do seem to happen overnight!

So... the boys have discovered HER... but what does she think about THEM?

My daughter's in 7th grade, and right now she says that all the boys are idiots. Proven by the fact that they line up at the edge of the pool and push each other in.

(Girls are way less likely to do that sort of thing...)

LOL, a smart girl would be over there holding their heads underwater......LOL.........j/k not that I have ever done that...haha

susie0808 03-01-2010 04:53 PM

We had the same problem. We put an end to that. The rules were that she couldn't date until sixteen. It worked because she wasn't ready for it. When she was in 9th grade a senior in high school followed her around school like a dog in heat! He kept asking her out so all she said was " I'm not allowed parents rules". There was no pressure for her. She held up to the rules and was ready for it when the time came. It was easier because she didn't have to deal with drama. She is 20 now and still follows our rules! That's the secret rules. We've given way to the leash so to speak but the word respect is used for everything. We know we did a good job! She's a great kid, good head on her shoulders, and knows what she wants and aiming for it!

fabuchicki 03-01-2010 05:07 PM

My daughter is turning nine soon. I'm not looking forward to the teen years!

Chele 03-01-2010 05:07 PM

Hang in there mom. Get some hair color. You're going to need it! It's fun though. Just keep talking. And talking....and a little more talking! Talk until you see their eyes roll back in their heads. LOL!

Debra Mc 03-01-2010 05:08 PM

Have 1 girl, 2 boys. Make sure you know who she is with, where & who will be there. What time she will be home & not to leave that place. Also check out the parents. Some seemingly normal upstanding people will host beer parties just to be popular. Man I feel for you. It's not always the boys you have to look out for. Some of the girls are so wild & will try to get her to do all kinds of things. Get ready because you are in for some hard times. It will shock you what some of these kids do. I'm glad my baby is a boy. Last year this girl asked him to the prom. He was a freshmen & she was a junior. I said NO! Guess what she is getting for graduation this year. A bundle of joy & isn't sure who the daddy is. She comes from a decent family too. So look out for her, don't be afarid to say no & put your foot down when you need too. She may say she hates you now but will be glad later you were so strict. Protect her at all cost.

Honey 03-01-2010 06:38 PM

Debra Mc is so rite. I have 1 girl and 3 boys. DD is the oldest and is now 32 (where did that time go!). The rules were the rules. No dating until 16. The same rules applied to the boys. I made sure I knew their friends and their friends parents. They knew there were places they absolutly could not go and kids they absolutly could not hang with. AND they knew the consequences if they broke the rules. That was all talked about before hand. Also, we didn't pull any punches when it came to drinking, drugs and sex. They always knew that their dad and I stood together, period. In todays society, parents HAVE to be on top of things constantly. It's you against everyone else. As in "everyone else can, why can't I?" Just hang in there and stick to your guns. Pray constantly and keep the communication going.

tlrnhi 03-01-2010 09:14 PM

Oh, such a fun time!
I went thru it twice!
Had the oldest go thru it, got my gray hairs, then the youngest started. UGH!
It's not all that bad, honest!
Just talk, talk and talk. Communication is the BIG key.
Make sure you tell her to stand her ground. Stand up for her principals.
My youngest was seeing this guy and after 3 weeks, they ended their "relationship". The guy told her that he doesn't date anyone he can't "bed down". Daughter told him...well, I guess you aren't dating me!
Gotta love it!!!