Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Pet Peeves (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/pet-peeves-t46726.html)

KarenSimon 05-22-2010 02:38 PM

People who spread cold and flu germs. I just spent a week home so I didn't spread my cold germs to others. I wish others were as considerate.

Gramof6 05-22-2010 02:47 PM

Off the top of my head I don't have any real pet peeves. I really like this Board. If I read something that bugs me or I do not go along with or like, I just move on. I appreciate the job that the Moderators do! Thank You for a job well done!

Minda 05-22-2010 02:51 PM

Vague title descriptions. If the topic is interesting enough to post, why not put a complete description so readers know what it's about before they click on it? Otherwise, you're wasting our time. :-(

Read the forum rules. One of them is:
Try to use descriptive titles when creating new topics. :thumbup:

2wheelwoman 05-22-2010 03:55 PM

My biggest pet peeve too. Don't try to be cute and leave a half of a topic description to try to lure us in. It's annoying at best. I don't want to miss a learning experience, but hate to open HELP ME, or GUESS WHAT types of post descriptions.

People who don't read the whole thread to see what has already been asked and answered seven times.

Otherwise, love the board and the people on it. Thanks to the Admin and Moderators for such a great site.

redquilter 05-22-2010 04:13 PM

[quote=Lneal]A pet peeve of mine is when people posting to a thread go completely way off the topic.

I agree and I also get peeved when I send things (be it scraps, larger pieces, FQ's, printed info, patterns or whatever) to people and get absolutly no response at all. I'm not looking for a big thanks, but would like to know that the packet was received.

AtHomeSewing 05-22-2010 04:47 PM

I love you ALL...REALLY, really I do....however...another pet peeve of mine is that the QuiltBoard provides no Ignore Button feature.

Ignore Button: A difficult procedure that involves right clicking someone's screenname, proceeded by selecting the IGNORE option.

We all seem to get along well, and given that this is a very LARGE community that is truly remarkable! :-D However everyone can't possibly love everything all the time. That is simply human nature, it is what makes us different. It would be nice to simply Ignore away that which bothers us as individuals with just a click and without a proclamation. 8-) No hurt feelings, and no coping mechanism required!

Okay, I'm done...now I'll make my way to your Ignore List! ;)

Chasing Hawk 05-22-2010 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by AtHomeSewing
I love you ALL...REALLY, really I do....however...another pet peeve of mine is that the QuiltBoard provides no Ignore Button feature.

Ignore Button: A difficult procedure that involves right clicking someone's screenname, proceeded by selecting the IGNORE option.

We all seem to get along well, and given that this is a very LARGE community that is truly remarkable! :-D However everyone can't possibly love everything all the time. That is simply human nature, it is what makes us different. It would be nice to simply Ignore away that which bothers us as individuals with just a click and without a proclamation. 8-) No hurt feelings, and no coping mechanism required!

Okay, I'm done...now I'll make my way to your Ignore List! ;)

I shall join ya!!.....The YaYa Ignore club....:)

debbieumphress 05-22-2010 06:52 PM

I agree with Redquilter. When I take the time to send out packages, a little "I got it" would be nice. Otherwise we think it is off in lala-land. They jump when you post an offer....I send out a lot and most of the time get wonderful reponses. Hope those few who don't learn from this post. To everyone else, thank you all for making this a great board to be on. Lovin' it.

Debbie1219 05-22-2010 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by amma
A pet peeve of mine is when I get an email regarding a post I created or marked "watch," the email states that it has been responded to. I go to the topic only to find a one word response. Some days I could get 20+ of these, because someone is going back through older posts. It then takes 30+ minutes of my time to go and check these to see if someone had a question about my topic, or has added additional info into some one else's. I have been marking "watch" to some posts for 3 years, so there are a lot of them out there. Commenting "very pretty" Or "nice quilt" or "thank you for this information" is one thing... but the other one word responses really were not necessary, did not add anything to the topic and go against the board's rules.
I finally had to disabled the email notification function to unclog my inbox, and I know I am missing out answering questions on my own topics, or learning more from other members.

I completely agree with Amma.

oksewglad 05-22-2010 08:30 PM

1.Waiting for the little google ads to finish downloading.
2.Waiting for several pictures in the first posting of a thread to download.
Sorry I have dialup and although it's rather fast tonight, sometimes things just take too long to download to view. Often even posting a reply takes a long time.