Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Sleeping Problems (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/sleeping-problems-t49990.html)

Rainy Day 06-18-2010 05:44 PM

Give him a massage with lavender scented oil every night before bed. You can go topless, if you think that will help. :shock: :shock: :shock:

marsye 06-18-2010 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by Rainy Day
Give him a massage with lavender scented oil every night before bed. You can go topless, if you think that will help. :shock: :shock: :shock:

In my case it would not! :lol:

Rainy Day 06-18-2010 05:50 PM

take the ciggie out first tho'

Rainy Day 06-18-2010 05:51 PM

seriously, I drink tension tamer by celestial seasonings when my legs get twitchy

dljennings 06-18-2010 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by Pam
Marsye, Temperpedic wants to sell you a matress.

i have tendonitis in my shoulders, really bad @ nite.. dh got really tired of trying to sleep, while i was flopping around like a fish out of water...so he took me to jordan's furniture and i laid down on a lot of different mattresses.

i liked the temperpedic, but dh refused to purchase anything until i was able to lie on my side for 45 minutes without feeling like i had to move...did i feel like a fool in the store!

but it works great, and he sleeps much better even if i'm having a bad nite. so maybe YOU need the temperpedic...so YOU can get some sleep!

grandme26 06-18-2010 06:18 PM

Sounds like restless leg syndrome. I have it and with the help of medication am able to get a good nights sleep. Go to a sleep doctor and do the overnight sleep study. A restful, peaceful night will be just around the corner.

Pins n' Ndls 06-18-2010 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by marsye
Hubs is having problems sleeping. Its been going on for awhile now. He says he feels miserable all over when he lays down. Hes not in pain, he just feels miserable. I had this many years ago and it just finally went away. It feels like your skin is crawling or something, hard to explain how it feels. Also whenever he does doze off he jerks alot. Any ideas?

Sounds like my problem. Seems to be very common but certainly can keep you up at night. My DH said even when I am sleeping, my legs "jump". Been going on for years. Doctor prescribed gabapentin (generic for neurontin ) . Helps quite a bit. Relief seems to come only when standing. Maybe the body weight pressing down on the nerves does it. As soon as I get off my feet it starts.

brushandthimble 06-18-2010 08:13 PM

Sounds like my problem too. This is the second night I have gone to bed and then gotten up 1/2 hour or so later, cann't get to sleep. Have now been on the board for over an hour, it is now 12:11am.

Go to bed tired but cann't get to sleep. Good thing though my DH sleeps right through all my tossing and turning.

I take 2 tylenol pm and 1 melatonin each night, no help there.

dmackey 06-18-2010 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by marsye
Hubs is having problems sleeping. Its been going on for awhile now. He says he feels miserable all over when he lays down. Hes not in pain, he just feels miserable. I had this many years ago and it just finally went away. It feels like your skin is crawling or something, hard to explain how it feels. Also whenever he does doze off he jerks alot. Any ideas?

I had a similar problem. I felt like I wanted to jump out of my skin, couldn't sleep, constantly had to move and adjust myself, and I did have leg cramps too. When I started taking Tryptophan and 500 MGs of Magnesium per night, within three days I had such relief! The Tryptophan is an amino acid and is calming, and the Magnesium (which is something we are all very depleted in as we age), is relaxing to the muscles. I now sleep very well, and soundly. I suffered for about 4 years off and on with this problem. Now, I only take the tryptophan occaisionally but I would never go without the magnesium nightly. I tried melatonin, but it takes a good month to get over the moring hangover it can cause some people and that was too long for me to wait for the adjustment.

I don't trust drugs and avoid them at all cost, so I am always looking for the most natural solutions possible.

One thing to also check is to be sure there is nothing he is ingesting after 5 PM or so, that has any kind of caffine or stimulant in it.

Hope this helps in some way.

Diane

M.I.Late 06-18-2010 09:47 PM

I went through this for a while a couple of years ago and discovered that my skin felt like it was crawling and itchy because it was dry. Put on some cream (not lotion) and slept with a fan on - was gone first night.