Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Still rather shocked (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/still-rather-shocked-t164029.html)

MargeD 10-29-2011 12:14 PM

First, my condolences in the loss of your husband, it cannot be easy for you and your children. My thoughts and prayers go out to you. I too, am shocked that this woman would ask you for money, but I think you are wise to not do it, especially since she would not tell you what the money was for. The things people do, do not surprise me in the least. Indeed, people are strange. Don't even re-consider giving her the money or co-signing a loan, if she doesn't pay it, you will have to. May God be with you during this time of sorrow. God bless.

katiebear1 10-29-2011 12:18 PM

So sorry for your loss.

megs0863 10-29-2011 12:32 PM

Sorry for the loss and glad you made the right decision.

millivanillisask 10-29-2011 12:33 PM

DITTO

luvstoquilt 10-29-2011 12:43 PM

That is unethical in the states in which I have paracticed selling real estate. I believe she could lose her license if you choose to report her! In a position involving finance it is very important to maintain a clear, clean record.

pinecone 10-29-2011 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by deemail
i would certainly call her former employer, assuming they are the company you called about the information you wanted....if she called you then she is calling other clients and who knows of an older woman, less schooled in the art of saying 'no' might be taken advantage of.... she is clearly using information gained from her former employer and they should be told so they can protect their other clients.... please...do just make one call to help the other possible victims....

Exactly!!! They need to know or they will lose clients.

piney

kayluvs2quilt 10-29-2011 02:06 PM

My jaw is on the floor....

Nancy O. 10-29-2011 02:27 PM

I am so sorry for the loss of your husband. You did great in telling that woman, no. I don't know if anyone mentioned, watch the 3 credit reporting agencies and make sure that no one opens credit in your name or deceased spouse. Maybe try contacting them to tell them of your situation. They will put a watch on your accounts. You just don't know how desperate she could be for money.

eimay 10-29-2011 02:31 PM

OH, MY!

butterflies5518 10-29-2011 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by Mitch's mom
I can understand why the unethical woman isn't working! If she had an employer I would inform them of the call.

I'm very sorry for the loss of your husband.

So saddened hear of your family loss. If she was employed she should be licensed - I work in the mortgage industry and she by law cannot discuss anything mortgage with anyone. As an individual she is not authorized to represent anyone (unemployed??) and had no business discussing anything with you and should have excused herself. She can be reported to the state examiner for unlawful activity.