Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Thanksgiving Food--what do you HAVE to have? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/thanksgiving-food-what-do-you-have-have-t76408.html)

almostfree 11-14-2010 07:03 PM

Just was wondering, as we approach Thanksgiving, what is that one dish you absolutely MUST have on your holiday table? We always have the traditional things, but our sausage-apple stuffing is the best! :lol:

Sadiemae 11-14-2010 07:07 PM

Turkey, and I really miss my Mom's stuffing.

sak658 11-14-2010 07:11 PM

Turkey and dressing, ham, candied sweet tators, corn casserole, green beans, pea salad, fruit salad, pumpkin pie, apple and pecan pie, rolls cranberry sauce and ice tea

gotta have it all......

EdieClay 11-14-2010 07:11 PM

When I cook Thanksgiving Dinner, I cook all the usuals like turkey, dressing, gravy, sweet potato casserole, mashed potatoes, cranberry salad, etc. But the one dish my children always ask for is a broccoli/wild rice/cheese casserole that is out of this world. My son who once said that the best thing about being an adult was not having to eat anything green if you don't want to ... loves this dish. Yum Yum ... made me hungry just writing all this.

NancyG 11-14-2010 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by EdieClay
When I cook Thanksgiving Dinner, I cook all the usuals like turkey, dressing, gravy, sweet potato casserole, mashed potatoes, cranberry salad, etc. But the one dish my children always ask for is a broccoli/wild rice/cheese casserole that is out of this world. My son who once said that the best thing about being an adult was not having to eat anything green if you don't want to ... loves this dish. Yum Yum ... made me hungry just writing all this.

Any chance you might want to share your recipe? I'm always looking for something different to add to the Thanksgiving menu. That green bean casserole is getting old :lol:

Scissor Queen 11-14-2010 07:20 PM

Turkey and dressing, sweet potatoes, scratch dinner rolls, and a nice ham. Preferably my own dressing. My mother makes the world's worst dressing. And her sweet potatoes are gross too. And she can't make a scratch dinner roll to save her life.

Then there's my sister who doesn't like Thanksgiving dinner at all. She'd be happier with pizza.

Overall I'm happier when I don't have to spend my holiday with either of them.

klgreene 11-14-2010 07:22 PM

Turkey, and my x-MIL's apple raisin stuffing. My DH is a really picky eater, so we don't go all out, just the usual.

kathidahl 11-14-2010 07:26 PM

LOL..I have to have ham for my DH who does not like the yummy turkey that everyone else wants...

cosyquilter 11-14-2010 07:26 PM

Lots of pies: pumpkin, raisin, apple, lemon meringue, chocolate cream. Lots of real whipped cream.

amma 11-14-2010 07:40 PM

Turkey LOL When I was about 12, mom decided to bake a chicken instead... I took my empty plate to our neighbors and came home with sliced turkey breast and gravy!! ROFLMBO
I still tease mom every year, asking if we are having turkey, or do I need to bring my own.

Add dressing, potatoes and gravy... everything is nice, but these are what I MUST have :D:D:D