Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   what do you like/not like about where you live (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/what-do-you-like-not-like-about-where-you-live-t118566.html)

nabobw 04-25-2011 02:22 PM

I have lived in to many places to say but here in Florida I do not like the heat and humidity

jljack 04-25-2011 02:31 PM

I was born and raised and still live in California. In the LA area you get cooler summers and very mild winters. But you also get lots of smog and the crowding is terrible. Moved to Central Valley...hotter drier summers, colder winters, which I like, plus real spring and fall, which I LOVE!! Don't like the air here...too much dust from all the agricultural industry that surrounds us, and my allergies really get bad from all that pollen, too. Plus California is super expensive to live here. Hate that!!

Looking forward to retirement in Tennessee/Western NC mountains!! Cool, clean air, nice weather in summers and winters.

Jagsd3 04-25-2011 02:44 PM

Born, Raised and still living in South Dakota. Lived in Arizona for 2 years and must admit I missed being here, yes even the snow.
Love the Spring, Summer and Fall and like the winter unless it's like the last one where it has gone on and on and on...
We live in a rural area so very quiet, except with the month of August when the Sturgis Rally is going on and then you hear the humm of motorcycles through out the day and night for two weeks. I can't really say there is anything I really dislike about living here, unless it would be less winter meaning the colder temps -degrees.

donnalynett 04-25-2011 02:51 PM

Of all the states I have lived in I keep coming back to Coos County, OR. Coos Bay is poverty stricken with no jobs in site and empty stores every where. I do love the fact we are just a few minutes from the beach, mountains, lakes and rivers.

countrycottage 04-25-2011 02:54 PM

I have lived in East Texas all my life, and love it here. I do agree that the heat can be bad though.

gunny148 04-25-2011 02:55 PM

Born in Augusta Georgia, Moved where ever my Father was Stationed..US Army. (Army brat) moved just about every 3 years. Germany, France...before the age of 11. 1972 I joined the Marines....Finished going around the world. I'm home now in South Carolina. I only have to find a job and i'll be real happy

Kimkankwilt 04-25-2011 03:01 PM

Born and raised in So Cal. While we usually have really nice weather, it gets kinda boring...we have warm, warmer, and then there's windy. And then there's the traffic...lots and lots o traffic. But, I love that everything is nearby...no more commuting.

Stitchnripper 04-25-2011 03:05 PM

Born in and lived in NJ for 21 years. Hate winter. Then moved to Brooklyn, NY, for a few years and still hated winter. then to Warner Robins, GA (loved it) and Walnut Creek, california. LIked it in the summer. then we moved to south Louisiana. I like most of everything about living here except Hurricanes!! It is a nice way of life for every day living. Of course, local politics are interesting and the food is great. I'd love to move to Atlanta for these reasons: 4 nice seasons, good medical care, an airline hub, and no hurricanes. I know they get thunderstorms but we do too. DH not convinced yet.

Debra Mc 04-25-2011 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by emerald46
I love everything about Texas. We've been fortunate and travel quite a bit worldwide. Love, love lots of places we have been; but there is no place like Texas (heat and all!).

Lived in Texas all my life. Yes it can be hotter than Hell sometimes but I love it. Just wish I lived where there was more shopping. Have to travel 45 miles to get any variety. Live in a small one dog town. The kids still do the same thing we did as kids. Cruse the Plaza & make the drag. At least they have more places we only had the Dairy Queen.

Marge L. 04-25-2011 03:27 PM

I like where I live (13 yrs), except that I don't have room to spread out. Going from 9 large rooms to a 1 bdr apt. is something else. That's my only gripe.