Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   what do you like/not like about where you live (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/what-do-you-like-not-like-about-where-you-live-t118566.html)

Hosta 04-26-2011 06:20 AM

Ohio is the pitts snow snow snow if its not snowing its raining then there is August lovely August everything starts dying off its the pitts I tell you if I could live anywhere in the world it wouldn't be Ohio now do you you get the idea I hate Ohio well I do no jobs the economy here is dying and all they talk about is raising taxes if I could live in England in the lovely city of Bath

arimuse 04-26-2011 12:27 PM

Im replying to my own post w/ this link: http://www.southernliving.com/food/k...5/page103.html, I said I hated southern food, but what I hate is bad southern food. Theres a lot of good cooking down here, the link is to 100 best southern recipes-

ssgramma 04-26-2011 12:30 PM

This violent spring weather!!!! And ice storms too! HATE!

Being 50 miles to Nashville - LOVE. Would love it better if we lived IN Nashville.

dixiebelle162002 04-26-2011 02:44 PM

I have live in Tennessee most of my life. I love almost everything about TN except the humidity in the summer, but as we say in TN give it a few days and it will change when it comes to the weather. I lived in Japan for 2 1/2 years and basically liked most things about it except the housing accomdations. I really didn't realize how lucky I was here in the USA.

judi wess 04-27-2011 02:53 PM

I was born in Grand Rapids, Mi. and raised in Plymouth, Mi. When I was 37 and 7mo. preggers we moved to the mountains of N. Ga. Mich will always be in my heart but don't think I could ever do another winter there.
I now live in a place where people save all their lives to move to for retirement. It is God's country here, so beautiful, four seasons, and in a normal year there is about 6 days of winter like that in Mi. Love the long spring, fall and summer. As soon as the sun goes down you can feel the temp drop, even on the hottest days. Clean water, beautiful mountains and best of all really nice people. Oh, almost forgot, very low property taxes.

JanieH 04-27-2011 11:41 PM

I love Texas also! I was born in Oklahoma but my parents got me to Texas as fast as possible when I was 6 weeks old! LOL Texans are wonderful and world famous for our state. No wonder we are proud to be Texans!

MaggieLou 04-28-2011 12:30 PM

I lived most of my years in central FL. We got tired of the heat and humidity and cost of living. Moved to the foothills of NC 2 years ago. I love the area but hate the city we're in. There is no decent shopping here. WalMart is the only thing and I hate Wal-Mart! I love the spring, summer and fall here. They can keep the winters. Although we've been told the last two years were unusual. Snow on the ground for more than a day is not my idea of fun.

drgranny 04-29-2011 10:34 AM

I was born and raised in eastern New Mexico in the oil field area and then in the mountain area of a little tourist town. Loved the mountains and trees and just everything about it. I had problems, after a divorce, with being able to afford child care and not having a car and living in a rural area. So my sister took my 3 children to care for till I could get my s--t together. She lived in west Texas and I lived down in El Paso at the time. I struggled trying to keep things together and couldn't so ran off to California. Then my mom had a bad car wreck and my sis had to take care of her. So with my 3 kids and her 3 kids I was needed at home. So I came back to Texas and never had the "cents" to leave. I did finally get my s--t together and bought a house and just didn't want to start over someplace else again. I love spring and fall in west Texas but my area is in the slap dab middle of cotton farms and right now is the windy season. My kitchen floor feels like a parakeet cage most of the time till the wind quits. It has been blowing for about a week now. It makes your hands dirty and your body feel dirty and your hair. I hate the wind most in Texas. I have lived here since 1963 so I guess I will never git to live in my mountain "home" again.I guess it could have turned out different if I still had family there but they are all gone now and my mountains, trees and wonderful childhood are living in my memories. I hope heaven has trees and mountains. I also hate the sleet and snow we have sometimes in the winter here. and the horrible chill factor in the wind.

mayday 05-03-2011 02:55 AM

here , the people who are redneck intransigents, home super but too close to husb's ghastly family!!!!!!!!!!