Problem with my crockpot

Old 12-30-2013, 02:53 PM

I have good luck soaking with salt water.
Old 12-30-2013, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by luce321 View Post
I cooked beef vegetable soup in my new crockpot and I cannot get it clean. I read on line that you can put boiling water in the pot and then put a dryer sheet in an let it set all night. Has anyone heard of this? Does anyone else have any other suggestions on how to clean a crockpot? HELP!
I saw this on TV many years ago. Mix a little bit of vinigar with Cream of Tartar into a paste. It will clean a stove top, glass bakeware, metal pan or even spots on the oven window glass without scratching and leaves a nice clean finish. It will take a little bit of rubbing, but it cleans very well.
Old 12-30-2013, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by dee1245 View Post
I saw this on TV many years ago. Mix a little bit of vinigar with Cream of Tartar into a paste. It will clean a stove top, glass bakeware, metal pan or even spots on the oven window glass without scratching and leaves a nice clean finish. It will take a little bit of rubbing, but it cleans very well.
This all that I use instead of an abrasive cleaning powder or even Softscrub. If I need more than that I use the scrubby pads made by crocheting strips of nylon netting.
Old 12-30-2013, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by luce321 View Post
I cooked beef vegetable soup in my new crockpot and I cannot get it clean. I read on line that you can put boiling water in the pot and then put a dryer sheet in an let it set all night. Has anyone heard of this? Does anyone else have any other suggestions on how to clean a crockpot? HELP!
I couldn't justify using a fabric sheet instead of a teaspoon or so of Dawn dish soap to soak anything. I prefer starting the soaking just as soon as the last drop of food is taken out of the item. I use Dawn and a palm scrub brush with soap dispenser. Scrubbing dishes takes a lot less time thanks to the soft bristles on the scrubber, even after cleaning the scrub brush afterwards to prevent bacteria. The scrub brush is also great for getting into all the nooks and crannies of plastic container lids.