Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Project Runway Conclusion... >

Project Runway Conclusion...

Project Runway Conclusion...

Old 10-30-2010, 04:48 PM

Gretchen is so 2-faced and mean. I wanted Mondo to win and I was so disappointed that he didn't.
Old 10-30-2010, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by AlwaysQuilting
I didn't really like any of the clothes by any designer this season either although I think Gretchen's were more wearable.
It wasn't a popularity contest so Gretchen's attitude just made good TV.
As far as the judges being unable to decide between Gretchen and Mondo for the winner just shows how out of touch the people who run the fashion industry are with "people".
Everything is aimed (as usual) for 20yr old skeletons.
I'm too old and too big for any of the clothes made on the show, but my DDs aren't and even they said they'd actually only wear a couple of the clothes this whole season.
this
Old 10-30-2010, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by noahscats7
Did anyone but me like last years Models of the runway? I wish it had been on instead of Austin and Santino. Just much more down to earth.
I actually liked Austin and Santino. They made me laugh. I preferred them to this years Project Runway.
Old 10-30-2010, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by Swan Song
Count my co-workers, daughter and myself along with those truly disappointed with this season's choice! Gretchen BLAH! :thumbdown: How in the world she made it to the end I will never know. But then again thru the whole season we kept saying are they looking at the same clothes we are?! :? We would see something on the runway and say, "Wow I really like that" and they hated it. Gretchen and her two faced attitude, granny panties and dowdy clothes should never have gotten that far. As far as her break up hmmm...bet she's a joy to live with. :roll:
Mondo had our vote all the way. :thumbup:
I have heard a lot of people say they are done with the show. Bowing to Nina and Micheal's opinions may have shot the show in the foot. They really got it wrong this time.
They've been meaner since they left Bravo. Bravo btw has another show on, Iman and another designer hosting a sorta kindaish Project Runway thing.

I agree, some of the stuff the judges were like yuck over, I was like wow, I like that, WTF are you guys saying it's ick about. And some of the winners on Project Runway these past couple of seasons, I was wondering what drugs the judges were taking.
Old 10-30-2010, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by moonwolf23
Originally Posted by noahscats7
Did anyone but me like last years Models of the runway? I wish it had been on instead of Austin and Santino. Just much more down to earth.
I actually liked Austin and Santino. They made me laugh. I preferred them to this years Project Runway.
I love the way those two interact. I just wish their show was on earlier - it is on really late our time.
Old 10-30-2010, 06:23 PM

Im from Colorado just like Mundo. We were sure pulling for him. Just didn't like Gretchins attitude.
Old 10-30-2010, 07:59 PM

There was nothing about Gretchen that I liked. Her clothes looked like hippy wear and she looked like a milkmaid. She talked down about every other contestant to the camera and was sweet to their faces. Michael should have gotten to Fashion Week. He may not have known what kind of fabric he was working with, but he sure knew how to work with it and what looks good on a woman's body. Mondo should have one. He clearly had high fashion, elegant and fun looks.
Old 10-30-2010, 08:43 PM
Dee

Thought Mondo would win.
Old 10-30-2010, 08:44 PM

I realize that the back stories and interactions are what the producers go for to make "good television". They seem to not understand their viewers want to see the design and creativity. We may not be their "target audience" but guess what we are the ones watching. Most of this season I sat there thinking either send Gretchen and poison Ivy home or shut them up. Honestly if I want to see that kind of drama I can go watch teen girls at the mall.
Old 10-30-2010, 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by amma
I was disappointed too... I was hoping that Andy would win, and if not him, then Mondo.
I was hoping Andy would win too! Oh well, at least he did Hawaii proud!
8-)