Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Project Runway Conclusion... >

Project Runway Conclusion...

Project Runway Conclusion...

Old 10-31-2010, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by MrsM
Was she faking her attitude change at the end? Hugging Michael C.? I did think she had the most cohesive look though. I did hate those diaper shorts. :thumbdown:
Given her post PR interviews, in which she comes across as being every bit as conceited and nasty as she did on the show, I would have to say that Gretchen was faking it. Her collection may have been cohesive, but that sure didn't equate to good in her case. Even I could have sent a better collection than that down the runway.
Old 11-01-2010, 11:27 AM

I thought Michael C. overreacted. He was in the final four. Just because He didn't win, He was to move back home, change professions and marry a woman. Talk about a Drama Queen!!!

I really thought Andy or Mondo would win, because they put on a runway type show. Too me, runway items never look wearable by a normal woman. That is what I thought the judges expected. But fighting over that polka dot dress, has Jessica looked in the mirror lately. Sorry, pass that bowl of cream over here.

Ahhh, Gretchen, what in the name of good sense was she wearing. Shouldn't someone have told her that she forgot to put on her skirt or pants? I saw a whining, creating her own problems, all about me, stab you in the back young woman. She put everything in storage, used her money to go to PR in a do or die fashion. Her Mother let her use her home as a studio, but Gretchen acted like the minute the show was over, she would have to go live under a bridge. She would never get a job of any kind and die in poverty, if she didn't win. How old was she, twenty something? She was gifted volumes of design knowledge and exposure, that will take others a lifetime to get. That alone was worth a fortune to these designers. I don't believe any of them will be jobless after the show. It may not be the "JOB" that they want right away, but join the real world.

This is the first season I have been able to watch. I am so hooked.
Old 11-01-2010, 02:22 PM

There was a web site that was selling the actual clothes from the collections and Mondo's sold out and they had still only sold one piece from Gretchen's collection. I think that pretty much says it all.
Old 11-01-2010, 03:15 PM

She was on Regis and Kelly this morning...telling that she will use some of her winnings to pay off debt and the rest to move to NY and try to mentor with Michael Kors. No starting her own line, like she is supposed to do...She also said that she was ready to file for bankruptcy.
Old 11-01-2010, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by Tink's Mom
She was on Regis and Kelly this morning...telling that she will use some of her winnings to pay off debt and the rest to move to NY and try to mentor with Michael Kors. No starting her own line, like she is supposed to do...She also said that she was ready to file for bankruptcy.
Now I really wish Mondo or Andy would have won! Well, I'm sure with their unbelievable talent they will be showing their clothing soon!
Old 11-01-2010, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by Tink's Mom
I don't think its "supposed to" I think it's their winnings and it's to help get them started. Actually mentoring under Michael Kors would be a very smart business move in that industry. Most of today's top designers used to work for yesterday's top design names. Mondo and Andy would do well to mentor under a designer too. The judges commented for all three that they had grown but still needed more growth.
Old 11-04-2010, 07:20 PM
Power Poster

When Gretchen's creations came down the runway I said wow those are all so much alike expecially the fabric. When Mondo and Andy's creations came out I said oh yea one the guys would win. Then I thought it would be Mondo. When Gretchen was announced as the winner i was at first surprised but then I looked again at her creations and she did seem to have the most diverse outfits that were not way out there that no one would wear them. I was disappointed with the whole season and had to not watch it sometimes. Maybe the nezt one would be better.