Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Project Runway Conclusion... >

Project Runway Conclusion...

Project Runway Conclusion...

Old 10-31-2010, 11:44 AM

I was totally surprised and disgusted that Gretchen won. She should have be out the same time as that oriental girl (not being mean--Just cannot remember her name) the two of them were constantly talking about other people and being mean. Mondo won more challenges that anyone else and he lost? At least his clothes were creative and he really had an eye for mixing prints. You are right though, this was the worst season so far. I hope Mondo gets chosen to design by someone---he really is talented.
Old 10-31-2010, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by noahscats7
Did anyone but me like last years Models of the runway? I wish it had been on instead of Austin and Santino. Just much more down to earth.
Yes, my DD and I always watched it. And didn't Runway last an hour last year? That was long enough.

My thoughts on this season... I think some of the challenges were not very conducive to a good product at the end. They get so weird about stuff. And it is all about the "Runway". So the rules for runway are that they need to be kind of out there. Not something you could buy off the rack like Gretchen's stuff tended to be. Mondo and Andy were my fav's. Mondo should have won...not only was his line interesting, they were impeccably tailored.

I'm wondering whose show is this anyway! Heidi or Michael Kors? It seems he is the one that always gets to decide. And have you seen his stuff? Yuck! What does he know.

It should have been declared a tie and have a tie breaker round between Mondo and Gretchen. THAT would have been interesting to see!
Old 10-31-2010, 12:30 PM

I was hoping for Mondo or Andy. Aside from their clothing, their personas were very easy to like, too. I found Gretchen's collection to be somewhat one-note, at least in color. And that pantie outfit (or whatever it was) ... was that actually wearable in public?

Oh well ... at least I had a chance to see my favorite Tim Gunn every week!
Old 10-31-2010, 12:43 PM

Disappointed one of the guys didn't win, Mondo was my 1st choice, Andy next and then Mike C who seemed grow the most over the weeks. Yuck, Gretchen's clothes looked like they were for Stevie Nicks back in the 90's. As always, the biggest star of Project Runway in Tim. May in Jersey
Old 10-31-2010, 12:49 PM

I liked a lot of Gretchen's collection, but not the things that looked like panties. the skirts and dresses were nice. I thought Andy's was beautiful, very flowing and feminine. I just LOVE that little black and white bubble dress of Mondo's. Of course they are all made for young in shape women:(
Old 10-31-2010, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by noahscats7
Did anyone but me like last years Models of the runway? I wish it had been on instead of Austin and Santino. Just much more down to earth.
You Betcha!
Old 10-31-2010, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by May in Jersey
Disappointed one of the guys didn't win, Mondo was my 1st choice, Andy next and then Mike C who seemed grow the most over the weeks. Yuck, Gretchen's clothes looked like they were for Stevie Nicks back in the 90's. As always, the biggest star of Project Runway in Tim. May in Jersey
Well Heidi tried, it was Michael Kors and Nina who were the flies in the ointment. :(
Old 10-31-2010, 02:14 PM

Yes! I really didn't care for Tim Gunn at the beginning - but learned that he is a caring, gentle soul. He is DEFINITELY an asset to the show.
Old 10-31-2010, 02:50 PM

If I was young again and lived in a big city I would have wore some of Mondos clothing. I wish he had won!!!!!
Old 10-31-2010, 02:55 PM

AGREE!