Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
A question for the people in the USA >

A question for the people in the USA

A question for the people in the USA

Old 11-27-2010, 12:12 PM

I thought humans were supposedly intelligent, so why do they sometimes act worse than animals? No figuring it out. I wouldn't be caught dead shopping Black Friday or the few days after Christmas. Maybe I'm just old fashioned. (Well, old anywayJ).LOL
Old 11-27-2010, 12:58 PM

I agree and the stores opened at midnight on Thanksgiving. Cook; eat turkey; clean up; leave the guys to football; go shopping! What could be better?
Old 11-27-2010, 01:02 PM
Power Poster

a crazy day when people with memory loss, (forgetting that the holidays are once again upon us duh!!!!!)that they must go out like lambs to the saughter to buy stuff they don't need for the holidays. why oh why, do they fight to gea bargain and risk life and limb for me, i', done in october. i look at my calandar and know when the cool weather gets here, the holidays are com,ing
Old 11-27-2010, 01:59 PM
Banned

SALES!
Old 11-27-2010, 02:26 PM

By this time of year, most of my shopping is done as I shop all year. Any time I am out, if I see something that I think would be perfect for someone, I pick it up. Much less stress on the wallet those last few weeks coming up to the hoidays.

I did shop Joann's online as I wanted a rolling sewing machine case for ME, and some flannel to make pj's for my 6'6" son. He has a hard time finding pj's, even at the tall shops as he has very muscular thighs so most commercially made ones are too tight.

I have never done the madhouse at the stores, and never will. Too crazy!!!

Patti
Old 11-27-2010, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by tweetee
Quite right there lindyline, hence why I dont go to them anymore either. Not worth risking your life for a material object is it?
There is nothing I want bad enough or cheap enough to go shopping on Black Friday. If I do any shopping that day it is online. Yesterday, online, I purchased a $500.00 Kitchen Aid professional mixer for $250.00. My Christmas gift to myself. Last year it was a dish washer. I told DH that gifts for me would be mush less expensive if he would do his own shopping. I guess he has his priorities too :-)
Old 11-27-2010, 05:05 PM

The down side of Black Friday is that most of those who go shopping end up being in the red because they use their credit cards to the max. I believe that if the stores keep their prices the same throughout the year they will get their customers no matter what day of the year it is.
Old 11-27-2010, 05:43 PM

I went shopping on Black Friday But I didn't go in the middle of the night. I still got some bargins and but the crowds were thinning out. I did take a break and visit a quilt shop to get away from the busy mall. It was a welcome break.
Old 11-27-2010, 05:47 PM

Talking about Black Friday, go shopping on the internet on cyber Monday (coming up) and avoid the crowds. Some companies offer free shipping! This may be a US thing but I'm not sure.
Old 11-27-2010, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by tweetee
Ahhhhh, thank you so very much! Great to know different countries traditions, you learn so much.

Thankyou for your explainations, now I know what everyone is talking about!

Goodness me, people get into fist fights over stuff???? Gosh, thats extreme isnt it? :shock:
What is the big sale day in Australia?