Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
A question of perspective about money... and movie tickets >

A question of perspective about money... and movie tickets

A question of perspective about money... and movie tickets

Old 06-27-2011, 04:25 PM

I would give her the money BUT she will have some chores to do for you, more quilting time for you!!!!
Old 06-27-2011, 04:31 PM

Something occured to me when I was watching a commercial. Is the show at the new theater in 3D or HD? I see that there are two different versions. That may explain the price difference and why she wants to go to the new theater.
Old 06-27-2011, 05:07 PM

Accept your offer or don't go!
I raised 2 girls in this entitled generation, now that they are older, 20 and 22 and one is out on her own, they get it now!
Once they are at the movies, they will not care which one they are at!
Old 06-27-2011, 06:08 PM

I'd be in the camp that wouldn't allow a Christian girl into that movie regardless of how it looks in front of the friends. I'll admit that this is a moral issue for me and I anticipate being in this situation with my kids in a few years.
Old 06-27-2011, 06:47 PM

Great MOM you are. Congradulation. Some common sense
Have a Blessed night
Ellen
Old 06-27-2011, 06:48 PM

GOD BLESS you for your stand
Ellen
Old 06-27-2011, 07:49 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by bakermom
Have 4 DDs, all were teenagers at the same time. CHOOSE YOUR BATTLES. This is not worth the fight. At this age appearances are everything. If it is important to your DD to go to the new theater, let her go. It's not going to ruin her for life.
I agree! Why be so mean about everything just because the child has many more options then we ever did at their age. I do not want my child to grow up with no memories just having fun and doing something so grand in their eyes and such nonsense in ours. 14 year old girls out with a parent at midnight or later is nothing to be so horrified about. The HP parties are fun and always at midnight. Not many over 14 will get as excited about it as they will so have some fun!
Old 06-28-2011, 04:14 AM

I would say "this is what I am willing to do, this is what I am willing to pay. If you and your friends get together and decide to go to the more expensive theater, I will drive you but you will pay the difference in ticket and snack prices for BOTH of us." Seems reasonable. Consequences to actions. Virg
Old 06-28-2011, 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by virgwid
I would say "this is what I am willing to do, this is what I am willing to pay. If you and your friends get together and decide to go to the more expensive theater, I will drive you but you will pay the difference in ticket and snack prices for BOTH of us." Seems reasonable. Consequences to actions. Virg
The longer trip (25 mi. to the older theater vs 10 mi to the new) in a "gas guzzling van" outweighs the difference in ticket price. I would go to the closer theater anyway, for a Midnight movie. (and take your own snacks) Who wants to drive 25 mi home at 3 AM?? Not me!! :roll:
Old 06-28-2011, 07:26 AM

I haven't been to the movies in a long time (A LOOOOONNNNNG time) but I understand some theaters prohibit you from bringing in your own snacks. You might want to find out if this is the case. (They make most of their profit from the snack sales).

If you feel uncomfortable letting your DD "bend" the rules, you might suggest a pizza party before the movie, and/or ice cream after.