Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
To Quilt, or To Fish - That is the Question >

To Quilt, or To Fish - That is the Question

To Quilt, or To Fish - That is the Question

Old 06-26-2011, 03:03 AM

My whole family loves to fish. Have several ponds around the house. I hate it. Hate the heat, the snakes, the mosquitoes,and the gators that occasionally get in the big pond. I do, however love white perch. :)
Old 06-26-2011, 03:11 AM

I like to fish, have done it since I was a small girl, my dad used to bring his 3 girls. My husband and I would go fishing on dates. Started both kids fishing when they were very young. My daughter 19 still loves to fish, my son 21 never really took to it. Neither quilt alas.
Old 06-26-2011, 03:47 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
I love fishing especially when DH takes all the kids and leaves me at home to quilt.
Hear ye, hear ye!! Too funny!
Old 06-26-2011, 03:50 AM

Originally Posted by Jennifer22206
I do! My father was a commercial lobster fisherman. I grew up on boats. Had my boating license and captains license before I had my drivers license.

My mom's a Coastie too. So I guess you can say it's in my blood.
You must be a Mainer? My grandparents had a summer antique barn in Lincolnville Beach. We knew a lobster fisherman up there -- good friends with my Grandfather.
Old 06-26-2011, 03:59 AM

Originally Posted by provbs 31
My whole family loves to fish. Have several ponds around the house. I hate it. Hate the heat, the snakes, the mosquitoes,and the gators that occasionally get in the big pond. I do, however love white perch. :)
Hate the heat, I just go inside when it gets too hot,Hate the snakes, any kind,size! Gators we don't have and mosquitoes I just stick a bounce in my belt loop. Luckily we don't have many snakes, and they are harmless my DH tells me. Wish bounce would work on them!
Old 06-26-2011, 04:02 AM

no comparison.........

wouldn't miss fishing if I never hold a pole in my hand..just give me the needle and thread.

Now with my one son, it's another story.....and I do enjoy his catch !!!!
Old 06-26-2011, 04:05 AM

I love fishing but never actually put the knife in one and sure hope I will never have to do it either LOL
Old 06-26-2011, 04:12 AM

Me!!! I love to fish. Always have!! Always will.
Old 06-26-2011, 04:13 AM

Now keep in mind, I am the catch and release kinda gal. Any fishes that are cut up for fish frys is done by my dh. He makes the best fish!
Old 06-26-2011, 04:19 AM

I have been a "fisherperson" all my life from about age 4. I was my dad's fishing buddy. I would escape as often as possible and go fishing. I couldn't wait to retire so I could fish as often as I wanted. Little did I know that by the time I retired, I would have COPD, arthritis and that I had left most of my strength back on the job. I was a stream fisher-person and fishing mountain streams is not good for an old person. One mid-October, I was up pretty high, on the steep slope of a mountain and huffing along, and scrabbling to stay upright and it started to snow. Never had a cell phone, nobody but me knew where I was and the realization hit me that if I fell and broke somthing up here, nobody would know until next spring. That ended my best fishing days and since then, it just doesn't matter so much, so now, I sew.