Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
To Quilt, or To Fish - That is the Question >

To Quilt, or To Fish - That is the Question

To Quilt, or To Fish - That is the Question

Old 06-26-2011, 04:30 AM

I love to fish, but only if they're biting! Not gonna sit there too long!
Old 06-26-2011, 04:30 AM

like to fish, i make yo-yo s while i am not catching fish.
Old 06-26-2011, 04:34 AM

I love to fish!
Old 06-26-2011, 05:16 AM

We live on a lake and love to fish biting or not! its so relaxing.
Old 06-26-2011, 05:25 AM

I LOVE to FISH but only in warm weather . Did some ice fishing in Germany Many MOONS ago Ok but I like it warm/hot . We are getting everything ready will leave tomorrow for about 10-12 days on the lake /river. Been doing this trip for many years . My Dad is 93yrs Mom 83yr will come from Albuq.NM for a week never missed a trip in over 40yrs.My brother will bring them in his motor home . Lots Lots of family & friends make this trip every year we have a blast. Lots of good food,fun,visiting,lots of fishing for catfish(or what ever is biting. Catch perch for bait for catfish lots fun. I learned to fish when I learned to quilt My Maw always sewed on the lake in summer time fish trips. Hope everyone has A Blessed & Great 4th July . see you mid July.
Old 06-26-2011, 05:30 AM

wish I had a stocked pond in the backyard -- that sounds relaxing!
Old 06-26-2011, 05:59 AM

I enjoy the time on the lake or where ever. Being out in the peace and quiet or noise if you will, of nature is actually the best part.
However my 2 best fish stories involve catching more than the "guys". My dad taught my sister & me how to fish with willow poles. My brother had just gotten a new pole & rigging for his birthday April 30, & being himself was bragging about how he would outfish the both of us.. We went to the mtns for some brook fishing. Sis & I caught about 4 each & my bro caught a big fat zero.
The other one involves my FIL who is quite the fisherman. We were fishing in his favorite spot in Wyoming for Greyling. My husband had "fixed up" my rod with some Ultralight lline, and I was pulling them in faster than FIL could take them off. (he did not think I knew how to fish since I used a Zebco reel instead of the "fancy"ones. That was a red banner, blue ribbon day for me.
Also, Trace Atkins has his newest single out. "It Ain't about fishin'". Makes me want to cry everytime I see it because it reminds me about all of the times my Dad patiently fished with his little girls.

Happy Day!
Susan
Old 06-26-2011, 06:01 AM

I read - he fishes. But we are both out in the boat. :)

I only move when he yells "Get the Net!!"
Old 06-26-2011, 06:11 AM

I love to go fishing but have not been in a while. Last year the oil spill put a stop to fishing and I have not gotten to go yet this summer!
Old 06-26-2011, 06:14 AM

YEP, love to fish! Spent summers with my Grandparents fishing on Lake Superior. My first memory was age 5 when my grandmother took me fishing for trout. We sat on the bank. She caught several and put them in the fish basket.
Then she heard the game warden, a familiar voice, talking to my grandpa down the stream. My grandmother said "Quick stand up" she wrapped the fish in newspaper and said, "sit on this and don't move". The man was nice,..never asked about my fish...after he left grandma said OK now we can go home and cook our fish for dinner.
For years, I couldn't understand why I had to sit on those fish. My husband and I are retiring next year. He has already purchased two boats,one for our home in Texas and one for our place in Arkansas.
D in TX