Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Quilters Beware....Smash and Dash >

Quilters Beware....Smash and Dash

Quilters Beware....Smash and Dash

Old 04-14-2011, 09:38 AM

So sorry to hear this has happened to you and your guild. Thankful though no one was injured. Insurance should cover most of what was taken. Perhaps at your next meeting you might suggest some of the significant others might come to "patrol" the parking area. It is so sad that the scum of society has risen to this point. Check the pawn shops in the area and definately file a police report.
Old 04-14-2011, 10:32 AM

Why should they try to get a job when they can steal from others!! Shooting should be legal. Sorry, but this stuff really makes me mad.
Old 04-14-2011, 10:56 AM

So Sorry for all the losses and hope that your insurances companies are able help you replace the lost items. I know that will not help with the anger and the feelings of violation. Faciing the reality of the World we live in today is not a pleasantry. Sorry your feelings of security have been shattered.
Old 04-14-2011, 11:08 AM

Thank you everyone for your kind words. The police were there, took a report, and unfortunately our deductable is so high that it will not cover the loss. The auto insurance will add the cost of the window to our deductable, they said that my machine and supplies are not part of the car so we would have to claim that on our homeowners. Yes,another deductable. Just be careful, there are people who just dont care and I hope nobody else has to go through this.
Old 04-14-2011, 12:05 PM
Power Poster

That's terrible. One just never knows cuz who would ever think that would happen.
Old 04-14-2011, 12:19 PM

So sorry this happen to you. Hope they catch the ones that did this.
Old 04-14-2011, 12:22 PM

WOW... my DH is gonna say "itold you so"... he will NEVER leave anything visable when we shop... "Gotta go in the Trunk".. drives me nuts... but unless they take the whole car i guess i'm safe...
Sorry this happened to you... things are getting worse arent' they....
Old 04-14-2011, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by Sandra-P
Just a reminder to all. Yesterday while inside our guild meeting, someone, or several people broke into six cars in the parking lot. No real rhyme or reason as to which cars. They broke out the windows, and took what they could. The alarms didnt go off as they didnt open the doors. My car was one of them. I had left my Janome in the car and was going to get it after our show and tell.
My machine, my rulers, notions, finished blocks, everything gone. Glass all over the seat, even in the back. The guild has met there for ten years now without incident. Others had purses, totes, etc taken. Some had left their machines and purses in their cars and they were not touched. Just be careful. Hopefully by reading this it will prevent another from losing their sewing machine. On a postive note, nobody was hurt physically, which could have happenend if one of us went out there while they were there.
I always tell my family and friends. DO NOT leave anything in your car you do not want to lose, be cause eventually you will....
Old 04-14-2011, 02:14 PM

my husband is so insistant and has been telling our daughters, never put something in the trunk and walk away. they saw you do it and know they have time before you return.

You should put it in the trunk at the previous stop. then drive to the next store and get out. Even if you have to pull in someplace to do it. Especially at Christmas shopping time. Thieves out looking then.

Jean in MI
Old 04-14-2011, 03:04 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by jljack
Also, do like the insurance companies say...make a binder with photos of each of your machines, including all the serial numbers, all the relavent information, and $$ you paid. In case of theft or other loss you have proof of what you had, plus serial numbers to get them back if found.
what good information. oh my...it's just not mayberry anymore is it? :|
sorry, sister quilter (can't remember who posted thread), about your losses and all. Glad nobody was hurt, but how nervy to do all that with so many close by.
Conscience seems to be becoming a precious commodity!