Quirky Habits

Old 07-14-2012, 03:11 AM

I can't wash my clothes with another person's.
Can't do hot tubs. (Feels like taking a bath with another person.)
When I'm shopping I have to take the second item back, never the first one.

Also like TP coming from the top and bills in order and facing forward in my wallet.

Last edited by lisalovesquilting; 07-14-2012 at 03:13 AM. Reason: add more
Old 07-14-2012, 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by ptquilts View Post
I have to organize the laundry when I hang it on the line - socks together, my undies, Dh's undies, t shirts, pillowcases, etc. Like goes with like. Or else....
That's not a quirk! I organize the laundry basket in layers so I can hang like items together. It's super sensible cause: A. It looks pleasing on the line, B. It's easier to handle, and best of all, C. When you take it off the line it's organized by destination.
Old 07-14-2012, 09:40 AM

This is great! I had to make a list.
TP from top to front. I will change it if it is wrong. I eat corn across the ear. I count my steps. Do NOT put your wet towel on mine - not even an inch. I like my own tube of toothpaste. My clothes hang with like items. Tops are arranged by color. Hangers must hook toward back of closet and tops must all face same direction. My dresser drawers are nice and tidy - one of the few places in my life I have total control over. I like the silverware sorted in the dishwasher - makes it so easy to unload. Top rack must be loaded back to front. I will rearrange dw if not loaded right. Dishes get cleaner my way! I like to unload it myself because I know I wash my hands first. Nothing like finding dirty fingerprints on what are supposed to be clean glasses in the cupboard. I am a cupboard door closer. I hate the feel and sounds of a pencil on paper. Will only use pens. My husband just reminded me that I hate to hear people eating (especially him!) How can a pbj sandwich and a glass of milk sound so terrible. My daughter will scold him when he eats chips. His mouth is like a megaphone! Doesn't bother me if I am also eating. I'm sure I have more.
Old 07-14-2012, 10:57 AM

This is a great thread! I see a lot of my quirks here. One that I didn't see is double dipping. I cannot stand double dipping. If we're out eating and someone dips, bites and then dips again, it's all over for me. I won't touch that salsa, queso, etc., again.
Old 07-14-2012, 11:14 AM

We sound like a very organized bunch of people!

I asked my DH if I am quirky. He diplomatically refused to answer, sticking to his "everyone is quirky; that's what makes us interesting" reply. Some things you just don't push. We did decide, though, that our dog is quirky.

Instead of wet wipes everywhere, I'm the dental floss queen. I have dental floss everywhere - two or three in the car, my purse, my school bags, my desk, my suitcase, oh ya, and the bathroom. Geez, until I started listing the places where it's stored, I didn't realize I actually have so much!
Old 07-14-2012, 02:43 PM

I also count things like steps.

I eat my ears of corn across, 3 rows at a time and watch to see if the ear comes out "even." If the ear has only 1 or 2 rows left at the end, it is not even, and that is not good.

I am far from a neat person though and dirty dishes, unmade beds, etc do not bother me.
Old 07-14-2012, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by Central Ohio Quilter View Post
I also count things like steps.

I eat my ears of corn across, 3 rows at a time and watch to see if the ear comes out "even." If the ear has only 1 or 2 rows left at the end, it is not even, and that is not good.

I am far from a neat person though and dirty dishes, unmade beds, etc do not bother me.
I wish I didn't care about dirty dishes, unmade beds, clutter on tables! I'm pretty tolerant of dust though.

I think your corn cob eating is cool! I may have to do that! I still twist the stem off of my apple while doing the alphabet to see what the first name of your husband will be. Now that I'm married I get very unhappy when the stem doesn't come off at D. My husband's name is Dale.

My husband won't eat near anyone if he's the only one eating. He doesn't want people to hear him chewing. On the other hand, it drives my absolutely stark, mad, crazy to hear someone gulping down liquid. I just got a shiver from even thinking about it!
Old 07-15-2012, 01:18 AM

Originally Posted by b.zang View Post
We sound like a very organized bunch of people!

I asked my DH if I am quirky. He diplomatically refused to answer, sticking to his "everyone is quirky; that's what makes us interesting" reply. Some things you just don't push. We did decide, though, that our dog is quirky.

Instead of wet wipes everywhere, I'm the dental floss queen. I have dental floss everywhere - two or three in the car, my purse, my school bags, my desk, my suitcase, oh ya, and the bathroom. Geez, until I started listing the places where it's stored, I didn't realize I actually have so much!
I asked my DH the same thing & he said "More than you'll ever know"... LOL! But I pointed out he knew that & married my anyway... LOL! He also pointed out one that I'd forgotten -- I have a favorite spoon & favorite bowl. So does he so it can't be that weird, right?
Old 07-15-2012, 01:32 AM

Looking over a couple of posts here... my clothes are hung on plastic hangers (hooked so the open part of the hook faces the back). The button side of the shirts have to face left (& be left unbuttoned). Only one pari of pants per hanger. And... here comes the freaky part but it really makes sense... the hangers have to match (as closely as possible) the clothes on them. But before you call the authorities... once I put a slightly damp shirt on a colored hanger & the hanger stained (& ruined) the shirt. So this eliminates that possibility.

I also organize my laundry hanging on the line & only use white plastic clothespins. Hanging up clothes go together & not hanging up things go together on the lines.

When it comes to my laundry, I HATE anyone else to do it (tho DH has to sometimes now when my knee won't go down the stairs). My Mother used to say to me "I'll do anything in your house that you ask me to but I won't touch your laundry because you are certifiable when it comes to that!"... & it's true. I even like things put in the clothes basket a certain way (folded stuff on the bottom, stuff like socks & underwear on the top). I even try to put "equal" things in my washing machine (a shirt & a pair of sox on one side & then the same on the other & so on... hey, it keeps it balanced).

I only use a towel & a washcloth once (& they have to match or I can't/won't use them). Then they have to be hung up on the rack straight.

I only eat one thing at a time & if I have my way, I have a separate dish for everything (I told you not to get me started on all my weird eating stuff). I LOVE potato salad but it has to be room temperature (& yes, I have gotten salmonella from this... don't care... still will only eat it that way). Actually, I like most of my food room temp.

I sleep on 2 pillows... the "hard" one on the bottom & the "soft" one of the top. And the opening of the pillowcase has to face the edge of the bed. And the pillowscases have to match.

I also sort the silverware in the dishwasher. But that makes me think... lots of this stuff that sounds nutty really is about convenience. Having the silverware together makes it quicker & easier to put away. That's my story & I'm sticking to it... LOL!
Old 07-15-2012, 05:18 AM

Originally Posted by jeaninmaine View Post
I've always envied women with those dainty sneezes, when I sneeze it's loud and not at all delicately.
me too, some of those gals are no louder than a mouse burp. Do they have smaller noses or what?