Quirky Habits

Old 07-12-2012, 08:38 AM

omg. both of you have reminded me of things!! my husband CANNOT rinse his dishes or pots and pans. i'm grateful he cooks, don't get me wrong, but when i go to do the dishes i spend time and energy i don't have scouring these dishes. grrrr. finally, our dw died and then he was able to rinse, on top of the clean dishes i had soaking in rinse water. can't win!
the other reminder is silly, but i talk to all my dolls and teddy bears. and the plants outside, too. if i have to move a doll i tell her why, and i introduce one doll to the others. wacko? i prefer to think of it as a rich imagination!

Last edited by nancia; 07-12-2012 at 08:41 AM.
Old 07-12-2012, 08:46 AM

Except for the light switches and feeding the dog and cat..............I "represent" every one of these confessions/obsessions/quirks..............lol..... true, absolutely true.... and even more.

Ruth is SO RIGHT..... AMEN again.
Old 07-12-2012, 08:50 AM

This thread is SO funny!!! I can't fall asleep if the closet door is open, even if it's just cracked open a bit....I'll lay there awake tossing and turning not knowing why...until I think about the closet door....have to get up and shut it. Then fall right asleep !!
Old 07-12-2012, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by JeannieT View Post
This thread is SO funny!!! I can't fall asleep if the closet door is open, even if it's just cracked open a bit....I'll lay there awake tossing and turning not knowing why...until I think about the closet door....have to get up and shut it. Then fall right asleep !!
OMG! Me, too! The closet door HAS to be shut! And I have to sleep on the side of the bed furthest from the bedroom door. And have a nightlight on. And socks. How have I lived all these years, being so "quirky" (is that code for "NUTS"? LOL!)???
Old 07-12-2012, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by amandasgramma View Post
I do that!!!! Made me think of MY DH's quirk!! We eat in the living room (is that a quirk??) I hate sitting at a table. He always takes our dishes to the kitchen. I have been known to leave the dishwasher open, with the racks out ----- HE sets the dishes on the counter above the dishwasher.....he NEVER puts them in!!!!! THAT drives me nuts!
No, eating in the living room is NOT wacky. We NEVER eat at the dining table (well, right now it's covered with quilting stuff, so we couldn't if we wanted to!). We eat where-ever. I usually eat in bed & DH usually eats at his 'puter desk. It's a pretty casual atmosphere around these parts.
Old 07-12-2012, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by Latrinka View Post
I also have a lot of the ones mentioned, the egg carton thing, my money has to all be facing the same, right side up, and in order from smaller to larger bills! The only one I have that hasn't been mentioned is that I have to have the spoon in my coffee cup, not just to stir, but I keep it in there while I drink the whole cup. I hold the handle of the spoon back when I take sips. My mama said that is exactly what my grandmother did, and I wasn't raised around her. Also, I like to stand and eat at the kitchen counter instead of sitting down!
Oh, I'd forgot about my money. Yes, mine all has to face the same way & be from left to right, the smaller bills to the larger ones. As for eating at the counter, I read somewhere that calories don't count if you eat them standing up... LOL! Hey, it works for me (the thought, not the actual phenomena -- if it worked, I'd weigh 48 pounds)!
Old 07-12-2012, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by Caswews View Post
Oh my goodness- I think you all have said my umm habits .. yes that is the word . .habits! some of mine drive the kids and DH up the wall.. oh well now I know others have the same umm habits as I do; so I don't feel bad .. LOL
I don't think of them as quirks or habits. I choose to think of them as what makes me so adorable & lovable... LOL! And yes, mine drive my people CRAZY, too. When DH (jokingly) says "You are so weird", I reply with "Yes. but I smell good" & he can't help but agree. It's like this Happy Bunny cartoon --->

[ATTACH=CONFIG]348540[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 6.jpg  
Old 07-12-2012, 12:43 PM

I have quite a few but the ones that drive DH nuts is that I have to brush my teeth and go to the little girls room just before I can leave the house.Also before I can quilt, sew or do whatever hobby my dishes have to be done before I feel like I can do them.Also One project has to be done and cleaned up before I can start another project. I have had to pack away a few and then they becomes a ufos cause I hate trying to figure where I left off and what I was doing again. Boy do I miss my sewing room here so I could just shut the door. Here I work in the dining room and find that hard to do sometime.
Old 07-12-2012, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by ptquilts View Post
ooohh, like the bad husband in "Sleeping with the Enemy."......
ROFL you're exactly right. But I find myself doing that nowadays. Scary!
Old 07-12-2012, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by Spuddy View Post
My husband says I am the only one he knows who eats corn around the cob rather than across the cob. Lets take a poll to see how you ear yours. Thanks
I eat one row around then eat across the cob.