Quirky Habits

Old 07-19-2012, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by almond View Post
I just thought of one: When I made grocery lists, I have a special spiral note pad I use. I write everything in the order they are in the store. When I go to the store the whole notepad goes with me. I have having a folded up piece of paper to look at. As I find each item on the list I cross it off.
/

Our grocery store has a form online that you can use that's in order around the store. It's quite handy.
Old 07-19-2012, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter View Post
I can't stand to use a chopper for onions because my onion pieces have to be the same size.
Clothes hangers all go the same direction and the shirts need to be facing the same.

DH will walk around the house and flip the 3-way light switches so they are all the same.
Oh, the light switch. Yes, mine all have to be in the same position. Man... I never knew there were so many ways to be weird... LOL!!!!
Old 07-19-2012, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by Mousie View Post
DITTO!.... (it said my message was too short! geesh!)
Believe it or not, I never get that message... LOL! Mine always says "SHUT UP ALREADY!!!!"! LOL!
Old 07-19-2012, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by MaryMo View Post
This is an interesting post ... didn't know I was so OCD until I read all the quirky habits here! I too am a collector/hoarder of sewing and craft stuff. People laugh until they need something ... and I have it and, better yet, can locate it.
I hoard empty boxes. Everybody gives me grief about it. Until they need to wrap a gift or send something thru the mail. Then suddenly I'm a genius.
Old 07-19-2012, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by amandasgramma View Post
Good idea on shutting the drapes -- cuz you never know when I'll drive by!!!! I'm always looking in people's windows!! ROL! Hey - maybe that's another quirk of mine -- peeping in the windows at night when we drive around!!!!
I like to look in windows at night, too. Not to see what people are doing... I like to see how houses are decorated. At least that's what I tell the cops... LOL! But I always close my blinds even before it gets dark (even tho we live out in the middle of nowhere). And I tip my mini blinds up because I heard people can't see in as well that way. But, another quirk is that the blinds ALL have to be OPEN the second it's light out. Blinds closed during the day drive me nuts! I had a roommate in college that liked them shut during the day & I nearly lost it! I felt like either a drug dealer or a mole! Let some light in!!!
Old 07-19-2012, 03:40 PM
Power Poster

DANG -- I was hoping to add to your quirkiness! I've actually seen people spend time washing hands in a public bathroom, then use their hands to shut off the water tap and to open the door. But I don't call it quirkiness.....I say we're SMART. I'm like you, I worked in the medical field and had a husband with leukemia... I'm always looking for cooties, too!!!!!
theya everywhere, theya everywhere!
Old 07-19-2012, 03:41 PM
Power Poster

Good idea on shutting the drapes -- cuz you never know when I'll drive by!!!! I'm always looking in people's windows!! ROL! Hey - maybe that's another quirk of mine -- peeping in the windows at night when we drive around!!!!
that's exactly why I know ppl look, bc I do
Old 07-19-2012, 03:43 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Neesie View Post
This is such a fun thread! We live out in the country, with hardly any traffic. However, I still want the blinds closed, at night. Never know when "someone" might just happen to drive by, looking this way! HOWEVER, if I've just cleaned up the living room and have it all nice and straight, I will open those blinds!
your so funny!
Hey everybody...lookie, I cleaned with no hands!
Old 07-19-2012, 03:45 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by burchquilts View Post
I don't even come in the house first... LOL! Actually, I'd know if someone was in the house because I'd see them sprawled as Leo loved them nearly to death. Yes, he's quite the watchdog... he watches for people he can invite in... LOL!

I have been known to peek into a room before I barge right on in...

And I, too, talk to myself (does that surprise anyone here on the board?). In fact, I tell my family that my headstone is going to have a speaker on it so I can comment on the passing world... LOL!
Oh my gosh that is hilarious!
hmmm.....
Old 07-19-2012, 03:48 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by burchquilts View Post
DH will make a list on ANYTHING. Me? Only lined paper. He also will use anything for a bookmark. Me? My "special" bookmark. Or, if I can't find it or its otherwise occupied, I use another official bookmark. DD will only use photographs for bookmarks.

I also put my stuff on left-side first (tho both boobs go in at once). And I put my clothes on in a certain order. Underpants. Bra. Socks. Slacks. Shoes. Make-up. Shirt (if you put your shirt on before yo put your make-up on, 9 times out of 10 you drop mascara or something on it & then you gotta start all over). Earrings. Rings. Glasses.
ain't it the gosh darn truth about getting make-up on your clothes?
the reason I have to do left boob first is I have 3...soon to be 2, lol...and you think I'm kidding.
Look at my avatar...oh right, I taped it down for the picture session