Quirky Habits

Old 07-19-2012, 03:50 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by burchquilts View Post
Believe it or not, I never get that message... LOL! Mine always says "SHUT UP ALREADY!!!!"! LOL!
LOL!
I can be a yackety-sax when I want to, but lately I've been busy
Old 07-19-2012, 03:54 PM

I hoard empty boxes. Everybody gives me grief about it. Until they need to wrap a gift or send something thru the mail. Then suddenly I'm a genius.
LOL I do the same.
Old 07-19-2012, 03:54 PM
Power Poster

I hoard empty boxes. Everybody gives me grief about it. Until they need to wrap a gift or send something thru the mail. Then suddenly I'm a genius.
OH MY GOSH...I completely forgot that my whole family teases me about this!
It's quite hilarious at Christmas when I keep getting asked if I want this or that box.
I've had to box-purge so many times just so we could get in our storage room
We had to buy a new freezer recently and i just about pee'd myself!
I couldn't drag it to safety fast enough, as dh was getting some trash together to haul off.
I made a point of telling him the next day what I was going to do with it, bc it was on the front porch and i was skeeered! ...
Old 07-19-2012, 03:56 PM

I like to look in windows at night, too. Not to see what people are doing... I like to see how houses are decorated. At least that's what I tell the cops... LOL! But I always close my blinds even before it gets dark (even tho we live out in the middle of nowhere). And I tip my mini blinds up because I heard people can't see in as well that way....
Actually . . . it depends upon whether your house is at street level, above, or below.
Oh, how I love to throw in monkey wrenches!!!
Old 07-19-2012, 03:57 PM
Power Poster

I like to look in windows at night, too. Not to see what people are doing... I like to see how houses are decorated. At least that's what I tell the cops... LOL! But I always close my blinds even before it gets dark (even tho we live out in the middle of nowhere). And I tip my mini blinds up because I heard people can't see in as well that way. But, another quirk is that the blinds ALL have to be OPEN the second it's light out. Blinds closed during the day drive me nuts! I had a roommate in college that liked them shut during the day & I nearly lost it! I felt like either a drug dealer or a mole! Let some light in!!!
yeah, I'm looking at the decorating too.
LOL, this reminds me one time I left just the screen door closed and walked into living room in my draws and the repair guy just happen to get to the door.
When he knocked I almost made a new door through the kitchen wall!
Old 07-19-2012, 04:19 PM

This is such a hoot!!!!! ROL -- Now I'm paranoid and 2nd guessing everything I do. I was telling DH about this post and he reminded me of my "quirk" that drives HIM nuts (harumph).....I refuse to outside at night. I can't stand the idea....we live in the country where there aren't any street lights. Even though we have motion sensor lights, it takes about 5 or 6 steps before the lights come on. That's 5 or 6 steps that the bears, bats or Big Foot could get me!!!!!!!!!!!!! I make him go out to my shop and turn off lights or get the ice cream out of the freezer...ROL!!!! Seriously -- I HATE the dark!!!
Old 07-19-2012, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by Mousie View Post
OH MY GOSH...I completely forgot that my whole family teases me about this!
It's quite hilarious at Christmas when I keep getting asked if I want this or that box.
I've had to box-purge so many times just so we could get in our storage room
We had to buy a new freezer recently and i just about pee'd myself!
I couldn't drag it to safety fast enough, as dh was getting some trash together to haul off.
I made a point of telling him the next day what I was going to do with it, bc it was on the front porch and i was skeeered! ...
Y'never know... I keep buying fabric & DH, Leo & I may be living in one of those boxes... down by the river! LOL! Good thang I saved boxes then... we could make a condo!
Old 07-19-2012, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by Neesie View Post
LOL I do the same.
Doesn't it just chap you when you don't have a box that's the right size? Grrrrrrrrrrrrr!
Old 07-19-2012, 04:27 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by amandasgramma View Post
This is such a hoot!!!!! ROL -- Now I'm paranoid and 2nd guessing everything I do. I was telling DH about this post and he reminded me of my "quirk" that drives HIM nuts (harumph).....I refuse to outside at night. I can't stand the idea....we live in the country where there aren't any street lights. Even though we have motion sensor lights, it takes about 5 or 6 steps before the lights come on. That's 5 or 6 steps that the bears, bats or Big Foot could get me!!!!!!!!!!!!! I make him go out to my shop and turn off lights or get the ice cream out of the freezer...ROL!!!! Seriously -- I HATE the dark!!!
hey, we had a 5' gator in our yard one night. Our lab went crazy and the kids were visiting and ran in and told me there was an alligator and wanted the leash.
For a moment I just couldn't figure out how they were going to put a leash on an alligator.
It was to hold back the dog ...
Old 07-19-2012, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by Neesie View Post
Actually . . . it depends upon whether your house is at street level, above, or below.
Oh, how I love to throw in monkey wrenches!!!
I figured it was just an urban legend & really didn't make any difference anyway. If they wanna look in here, knock yourself out!! LOL!