Quirky Habits

Old 07-26-2012, 08:59 PM

We are all getting all kinds of new ideas. I don't know if that is good or bad. A lot of the things mentioned are very logical and make life easier and more organized. Some of them are just wacky! I'm not going to mention any names!
Old 07-26-2012, 09:13 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by amandasgramma View Post
ROLMAO! Between you and mousie, the poor woman will NEVER sleep!!!!!!
private eyes are watching you, private eeeeeyes.......
are watching, watching you, watching you! ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anLfoy2XsFw

Last edited by Mousie; 07-26-2012 at 09:19 PM.
Old 07-26-2012, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by Mousie View Post
tee hee hee...we gotta be some clean people!
We pay attention to detail (s), lol,...that's why we are wired for quilting
bq...just shaking my head at your dh, lol.
My dh and my dson-i-l are the two cleanest men I know. If either of them breaks a sweat, into the shower they must go,...over and over! I'm not complaining either.
I've known men that had to be threatened with bodily harm to get them to bathe and all I can say is: ewww!
Stinkers unite and don't put up a fight,
Because when the smelling abounds,
The hosing will come round!
Oh, no... my DH may use whatever he can get his hands on as a washrag but he'll shower 4759 times a day if he gets a speck of dirt on him. He just uses weird stuff to wash with... LOL! And he likes to eat his cereal out of re-used butter tubs. That's just weird.
Old 07-26-2012, 09:15 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by earthwalker View Post
Well, this thread certainly reinforces "birds of a feather flock together" YAY I found my "flock"!!! It's not only quilting we have in common. Oh and I fold my towels in half lengthways and roll them and when I put them in the linen cupboard they go in colour order (usually paired). One of our boys tells me I'm mildly eccentric.....I think he's just being polite.
I could never put my towels in groups by color.
That would mess up my system of putting fresh laundry on the bottom so everything gets used equally!
Old 07-26-2012, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by kat112000 View Post
Just replace the toilet paper if you use the last on the roll! That's all I ask in my house!

I can relate to a lot of what you are all saying, so theses can't be quirks, just very smart quilters!, LOL!
Oh my... yes! The toilet paper HAS to be replaced! And the supply of extra rolls in the cabinet has to be kept full, too. I also have to have extra pens in my purse (speaking of having extra stuff) -- like lots of extra pens (which write blue ink only). But I also hate to carry a purse so usually DH has his pockets loaded with all my goodies. Is that quirky? Weird?
Old 07-26-2012, 09:21 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by burchquilts View Post
Oh, no... my DH may use whatever he can get his hands on as a washrag but he'll shower 4759 times a day if he gets a speck of dirt on him. He just uses weird stuff to wash with... LOL! And he likes to eat his cereal out of re-used butter tubs. That's just weird.
oh, I didn't figure your hubby for a stinker. You'd Al-Kabong him!
No quilter is gonna cozy up to a stinky man, lol p-u...phooey
Old 07-26-2012, 09:22 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Pam H View Post
We are all getting all kinds of new ideas. I don't know if that is good or bad. A lot of the things mentioned are very logical and make life easier and more organized. Some of them are just wacky! I'm not going to mention any names!
weeeeell.......
Old 07-26-2012, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by Mousie View Post
hmmm.....definitely interesting! lol...you got some things listed that i hadn't thought of. I totally agree about the bras.
They are so expensive!
If your rubber room ready your probably not gonna be alone
Oh, don't even think about touching my bras (oooh... that didn't sound right, did it?)!!! I hand wash them & then hang them to dry (draped over the line)... even my sports bras. Haven't you had the experince where you (or whoever... they shall remain nameless... LOL!) that they got washed "wrong" & then one of the cups is all wonky? Hey, there ain't nutthin' worse than a wonky cup, ladies!!!
Old 07-26-2012, 09:24 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by burchquilts View Post
Oh my... yes! The toilet paper HAS to be replaced! And the supply of extra rolls in the cabinet has to be kept full, too. I also have to have extra pens in my purse (speaking of having extra stuff) -- like lots of extra pens (which write blue ink only). But I also hate to carry a purse so usually DH has his pockets loaded with all my goodies. Is that quirky? Weird?
girlfriend that is just splendiferous if not totally unheard of around these parts!
If my dh offered to carry my "purse stuff" in his pockets get the smelling salts and throw a quilt down, bc I'll surely fall out!
Old 07-26-2012, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by amandasgramma View Post
ROLMAO! Between you and mousie, the poor woman will NEVER sleep!!!!!!
Speaking of sleeping, who besides me CANNOT sleep with the door shut? That puppy has to be wide open for me to even consider zzzzzzz's!!!