Quirky Habits

Old 07-25-2012, 09:08 PM

Wow! I just read through it all...... kinda feeling like an odd one out here lol. So here goes for this gal.
I eat cob across. I can't stand to have an organized silverware drawer (seriously, my dh bought one of those silverware trays when we were first married and put everything in place all neat...... first thing I HAD to do was dump it out and mix it all up!) We have a seperate drawer for sharps, handles all going one way to avoid cuts. I open bananas from the bottom, just pinch and pull it's so much easier! I hate PB& J but I love peanut butter and butter All of our socks go into a bin (actually 3 one for each of us). Only DH and DS's are matched. I make a point to ensure mine are always mis-matched, no clue why though. Laundry is just thrown in the wash, whatever is grabbed is what gets cleaned. Everything goes in the dryer, except bras they are just to expensive to ruin! When I get really sleepy my head twitches, like something fell across the room and you look fast but completely unconcious and uncontrollably. I can't stand for anyone to touch my nose. I have to rub it if they do with the center of my right palm.... I know wierd right?!?! I snort when I laugh really hard. I do the eyebrow raise thing when my DS in trouble but he ruined the effect lol He made it into a game now we go 1-2-3 and whoever gets their eyebrow up first wins! It's like a pistol draw but funnier for onlookers, yup we do it in the grocery line while waiting for our turn, it's quite a hoot I can't stand to go to bed angry.... ever.... I will seriously wake up DH just to resolve whatever ticked me or him off and keep him up until it is! I'm sure there is more but that's all I can think of! Does this qualify me as quirky or rubber room ready?!?!?!?
Old 07-26-2012, 10:41 AM

I can't STAND to have anyone watch me sleep. I don't think I've been able to take a nap since I was a kiddo! I've already told my family that they better not have an open casket viewing after I'm gone. I will definitely come back to haunt them!!
Old 07-26-2012, 05:54 PM
Power Poster

tee hee hee...we gotta be some clean people!
We pay attention to detail (s), lol,...that's why we are wired for quilting
bq...just shaking my head at your dh, lol.
My dh and my dson-i-l are the two cleanest men I know. If either of them breaks a sweat, into the shower they must go,...over and over! I'm not complaining either.
I've known men that had to be threatened with bodily harm to get them to bathe and all I can say is: ewww!
Stinkers unite and don't put up a fight,
Because when the smelling abounds,
The hosing will come round!
Old 07-26-2012, 06:31 PM

Just replace the toilet paper if you use the last on the roll! That's all I ask in my house!

I can relate to a lot of what you are all saying, so theses can't be quirks, just very smart quilters!, LOL!
Old 07-26-2012, 06:51 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by babyfireo4 View Post
Wow! I just read through it all...... kinda feeling like an odd one out here lol. So here goes for this gal.
I eat cob across. I can't stand to have an organized silverware drawer (seriously, my dh bought one of those silverware trays when we were first married and put everything in place all neat...... first thing I HAD to do was dump it out and mix it all up!) We have a seperate drawer for sharps, handles all going one way to avoid cuts. I open bananas from the bottom, just pinch and pull it's so much easier! I hate PB& J but I love peanut butter and butter All of our socks go into a bin (actually 3 one for each of us). Only DH and DS's are matched. I make a point to ensure mine are always mis-matched, no clue why though. Laundry is just thrown in the wash, whatever is grabbed is what gets cleaned. Everything goes in the dryer, except bras they are just to expensive to ruin! When I get really sleepy my head twitches, like something fell across the room and you look fast but completely unconcious and uncontrollably. I can't stand for anyone to touch my nose. I have to rub it if they do with the center of my right palm.... I know wierd right?!?! I snort when I laugh really hard. I do the eyebrow raise thing when my DS in trouble but he ruined the effect lol He made it into a game now we go 1-2-3 and whoever gets their eyebrow up first wins! It's like a pistol draw but funnier for onlookers, yup we do it in the grocery line while waiting for our turn, it's quite a hoot I can't stand to go to bed angry.... ever.... I will seriously wake up DH just to resolve whatever ticked me or him off and keep him up until it is! I'm sure there is more but that's all I can think of! Does this qualify me as quirky or rubber room ready?!?!?!?
hmmm.....definitely interesting! lol...you got some things listed that i hadn't thought of. I totally agree about the bras.
They are so expensive!
If your rubber room ready your probably not gonna be alone
Old 07-26-2012, 06:53 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by GrammaV View Post
I can't STAND to have anyone watch me sleep. I don't think I've been able to take a nap since I was a kiddo! I've already told my family that they better not have an open casket viewing after I'm gone. I will definitely come back to haunt them!!
sorry...this one sounds quirky, lol, to me...if you are asleep, how would you know somebody was watching?
I can't imagine NEVER having a nap...ever?
LOl, slam that casket shut and let me r.i.p. already!
Old 07-26-2012, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by GrammaV View Post
How do you know they don't sneak into the room and watch you, after you fall asleep?
Old 07-26-2012, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by Neesie View Post
How do you know they don't sneak into the room and watch you, after you fall asleep?
ROLMAO! Between you and mousie, the poor woman will NEVER sleep!!!!!!
Old 07-26-2012, 07:17 PM
Power Poster

Well, this thread certainly reinforces "birds of a feather flock together" YAY I found my "flock"!!! It's not only quilting we have in common. Oh and I fold my towels in half lengthways and roll them and when I put them in the linen cupboard they go in colour order (usually paired). One of our boys tells me I'm mildly eccentric.....I think he's just being polite.
Old 07-26-2012, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by earthwalker View Post
Well, this thread certainly reinforces "birds of a feather flock together" YAY I found my "flock"!!! It's not only quilting we have in common. Oh and I fold my towels in half lengthways and roll them and when I put them in the linen cupboard they go in colour order (usually paired). One of our boys tells me I'm mildly eccentric.....I think he's just being polite.
Ooooh! I may have to try that!