Quirky Habits

Old 08-07-2012, 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by Mousie View Post
lol, maybe I should 'steal' dh's bi-pap after he's sleeping ...they say ppl with fibromyalgia don't get enough oxygen to their muscles!
I must move anywhere from 4-10 times an hour!
Here's a tip for ya: don't go to bed after eating potato chips without washing your paws or you might be awakened abruptly by ants gnawing on your fingers!
...happened to me...
last night!
or rather, "early" this morning.
Had to finally get up and go scrub and use alcohol!
Bummer!
If I went to sleep with potato chip "leavings" on my fingers, Leo would be more than happy to help me with that! And hey... ants beat bats any old day of the week (wink)!!! LOL!
Old 08-07-2012, 12:54 AM

tee hee hee...I bet they 'knew' what you'd been smoking
my head is not the part I would cover if I ran outside, but then who can run anymore, lol?
Tell me,...the ppl that are afraid of bats - is it bc they are afraid of getting their eyes pecked out?
Like I said, this was a few years ago -- before my body went completely to seed -- tho if I saw a bat in my bed (or anywhere near me) nowdays, I'll bet I could outurn that guy at the Olympics! Like my Dad used to say "It won't hurt you but it'll make you hurt yourself"... LOL!

What creeps me out about bats? Well, you can't get away from them. Mice or something, you can jump up on the couch or something & be out of their path but bats are all over the place. Plus they're super quiet so you don't see them coming (unlike birds, for example tho I know some people are petrified of birds). Plus they carry who knows what kinds of horrible diseases. Plus they'll get in my hair. Plus they're icky!
Old 08-07-2012, 12:57 AM

that's not toast! that's nekkid bread
I suppose you can call it what you want, long as you eat and don't waste it
but how do you pass up an opportunity to have butter?
oh, did you see that headline about butter flavors may cause brain problems?
So glad I switched to real butter! yum!
I only use real butter... none of that pretend stuff for me. My body is a temple... or a junkyard or something... LOL!

I love it... nekkid bread! That's what I'm gonna call it from now on! And now that I think of it, I eat my toast in a certain "pattern" (you expected anything other from me? LOL!) & don't eat the crust. I give it to my DH. I told DH that's why I chose him out of all the guys in the world... he'd eat my crust for me so I didn't feel guilty about "wasting" it.

I more than make up for no butter on my toast. DH & I are originally from the South so trust me... we get plenty of fat in our diet (hey, who said lard wasn't a food group? And gravy? My body just flat out quits working without a certain blood level of gravy).
Old 08-07-2012, 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by babyfireo4 View Post
Yum toast I like it toasted to where it is just getting some color and then it goes one of two ways. either Peanut butter on it or butter, cinnamon and sugar all melty and good! hmmm... i may just have to make some now lol
When I was little, my Mother would fix my cinnamon toast under the broiler... super yummy! And she loved sugar sandwiches... bread, butter & white sugar.
Old 08-07-2012, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by burchquilts View Post
Like I said, this was a few years ago -- before my body went completely to seed -- tho if I saw a bat in my bed (or anywhere near me) nowdays, I'll bet I could outurn that guy at the Olympics! Like my Dad used to say "It won't hurt you but it'll make you hurt yourself"... LOL!

What creeps me out about bats? Well, you can't get away from them. Mice or something, you can jump up on the couch or something & be out of their path but bats are all over the place. Plus they're super quiet so you don't see them coming (unlike birds, for example tho I know some people are petrified of birds). Plus they carry who knows what kinds of horrible diseases. Plus they'll get in my hair. Plus they're icky!
Ummmmm. . . mice can climb. Just saying . . . .
Old 08-07-2012, 08:02 AM

I only use real butter... none of that pretend stuff for me. My body is a temple... or a junkyard or something... LOL!

I love it... nekkid bread! That's what I'm gonna call it from now on! And now that I think of it, I eat my toast in a certain "pattern" (you expected anything other from me? LOL!) & don't eat the crust. I give it to my DH. I told DH that's why I chose him out of all the guys in the world... he'd eat my crust for me so I didn't feel guilty about "wasting" it.

I more than make up for no butter on my toast. DH & I are originally from the South so trust me... we get plenty of fat in our diet (hey, who said lard wasn't a food group? And gravy? My body just flat out quits working without a certain blood level of gravy).
Oh, I love "nekkid" toast crust! Only . . . I would want to peel it off of the toast, myself . . . before anyone took a bite out of it. I don't mind sharing a straw . . . but sandwich or nekkid toast? NO WAY! I don't want someone else's tooth juice, on my food!
Old 08-07-2012, 06:52 PM

When I was little, my Mother would fix my cinnamon toast under the broiler... super yummy! And she loved sugar sandwiches... bread, butter & white sugar.
That does sound yummy, I'll microwave mine for a few sec. if the toast isn't hot enough to melt the butter and make the cinnamon n sugar all gooey We used to take the sticks of butter and cut about 1/4 in off longways put it in sugar and flatten it out, split it then eat yummy! Don't think I could eat it now but we loved it when we were about 10!
Old 08-07-2012, 08:04 PM

When I worked as a counselor at Girl Scout camp, we always ran out of Hershey bars for s'mores before we ran out of graham crackers. So we'd make Pooh Butter - butter mixed with honey, named for Winnie-the-Pooh - and spread it on graham crackers. Yum!
Old 08-07-2012, 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by Peckish View Post
When I worked as a counselor at Girl Scout camp, we always ran out of Hershey bars for s'mores before we ran out of graham crackers. So we'd make Pooh Butter - butter mixed with honey, named for Winnie-the-Pooh - and spread it on graham crackers. Yum!
While "Pooh butter" doesn't sound too good (till you really think about it), it sure does sound good... yum yum! I've never been much of a s'mores fan but I love graham crackers... especially ones with cinnarmon or even better, chocolate-covered ones!
Old 08-10-2012, 04:21 PM
Power Poster

If I went to sleep with potato chip "leavings" on my fingers, Leo would be more than happy to help me with that! And hey... ants beat bats any old day of the week (wink)!!! LOL!
I would say I would trade with you, but I think bats eat mice
I'd be more than finger food!