Quirky Habits

Old 09-02-2012, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by Mousie View Post
I believe you...I believe you big time.
For some odd reason I always concentrate way better with my glasses on.
That's how I know if I walk in the kitchen in the morning and don't know I don't have them on.
As soon as I try to do something, not only are things fuzzy but I don't know what I'm doing or why.
Go get glasses, get them on....AH! Hello world!
For the same reason, if I'm not quite ready to deal with the world yet, I postpone putting my glasses on. I've been known to go most of the day without them! And I ALWAYS take them off when I see (& of course, go pee pee). And also when I sew, my hair has to be in a ponytail (I hate it in my face when I'm sewing). Quirky?
Old 09-02-2012, 05:31 PM

hmmm...was just wondering if bats poop on ppl like regular birds do, then I did another of my quirky habits: I
answered myself.
A: nope,...nobody hangs around long enough to find out!
(A regular bird may do a poop-flyover, but a bat, well he's out for blood! thirsty little buggers! )
Exactly! But isn't bat poop supposed to be some kind of gold? Why do I think that? That it's valuable somehow? Or maybe I'm thinking of worm poop. I need to go take my headache medicine... I'm talking gibberish (per usual)!!!
Old 09-02-2012, 05:33 PM

lol, better train dh and santa to say it's ME! don't shoot that b.b. gun!
What would really keep them safe is if they also said "I come bearing FABRIC"! Then they'd get quite the welcome!!!
Old 09-02-2012, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by icon17 View Post
I have one: I really would like to know How it ever started? My mom cooked the Best ever 'Pinto Beans' I do too! and I have Always put a 'Dollop' of Mayo in them when I eat them! Anyone ever Do that?
No, put I put ketchup & sweet pickle juice in my chili. Is that weird? My DH & kids think so. And crackers. I have to have 4505 Premium brand saltine crackers crumbled up in my chili. Or oyster crackers.
Old 09-02-2012, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by Pam H View Post
In Austin, TX there are millions of bats that live under a bridge downtown. At dusk every night they come flying out. It is quite a spectacle and hundreds of people are there every night to watch. If you are standing under their flight pattern, you get a shower from above. It's pretty gross to think about but they aren't at all scary. There is also a lesser known bridge in Round Rock with thousands of bats. It was easier for me to get to and parking wasn't a problem so I went a couple of times. I guess I'm not afraid of bats unless they are inside a building with me.
Yes, I know all about the bats in Austin. My DH use to live there & loves nothing more than telling me all about the bats... ewwwwwwwwwwww! I swear! I've lived in 6 different states & NEVER even saw a bat until I moved here to WI!

I can't decide right now... the water is on in the backyard. There are bats out there. Will it kill the yard to let the sprinkler run all night? I can't go out with the bats. I wonder if I could teach my dog to turn the hose on & off? Maybe if I tied a pork chop to the spigot or something?
Old 09-02-2012, 05:42 PM

Oh yes, oh yes...we is definitely in da same fambly, neesie.
I can't throw any scraps away either!!!
I call it preserving, or being thrifty or a sign of my gratitude to have it. It just makes me so haaappy
Since it gets so cold here in the winter, I tell myself all those widdle pieces are insulation (kinda like I'm carrying around in my nether regions -- are those also called fat quarters? When your hind quarters are fat?).
Old 09-02-2012, 06:38 PM

We need all these bats here in Wisconsin to eat all these skeeters.
I know I certainly have fat quarters. I don't know where they came from. They used to be skinny.
Old 09-02-2012, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by burchquilts View Post
Speaking of sleeping, who besides me CANNOT sleep with the door shut? That puppy has to be wide open for me to even consider zzzzzzz's!!!
Yep! Door has to be open so I can see if something is coming!
Old 09-02-2012, 08:45 PM

Yep! I definitely belong in this group! I do all of those things and more. (I also had to keep a list going as I read this thread so I would be able to remember what I was thinking to write!) I hate soggy bread and so ask the waitress to not give a pickle spear with my sandwich; nothing worse than a leaky spear messing up my bread! I have a "sheet" thing too - it must envelope the blanket or bedspread. I have a method of eating M&M's too. I empty the package onto a flat surface and separate them into groups by color. Then, whatever pile has the smallest number, I eat the larger piles down to that number. Once all piles have the same number I eat one of each color round-robin style until they are all gone. Anything plugged in must go in the lowest socket first leaving the top socket "open" for a future plug in. This one is really weird - I "rehearse" a conversation I plan on having with someone and say the sentences out loud. IOW - I talk to myself!
Old 09-02-2012, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by Pam H View Post
We need all these bats here in Wisconsin to eat all these skeeters.
I know I certainly have fat quarters. I don't know where they came from. They used to be skinny.
Man, I hear ya! A while back I thought I was sitting on rolled up socks or something. Turned out, it was just my rear end! Yeow! Mine "quarters" used to be skinnier & lots higher up, too! They've headed South (winter, summer, spring & fall)!!!