Quirky Habits

Old 09-02-2012, 08:58 AM
Power Poster

um, yes...about the fabric quirk...I do seem to have this obsession with attaching chunks of it to each other and stitching and pinning and just busily messing and gauming and I have been known to call the outcome a QUILT!
Don't know where the word quilt comes from...must have been these people that won't q-u-i-t, so they put an extra letter in there
(I know I am a descendant of this tribe!)
Old 09-02-2012, 08:59 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by icon17 View Post
I have one: I really would like to know How it ever started? My mom cooked the Best ever 'Pinto Beans' I do too! and I have Always put a 'Dollop' of Mayo in them when I eat them! Anyone ever Do that?
mayo in your beans...nope, can't say that I ever have, but it sounds interesting.
I have I.B.S. so it also sounds like a trip out back, lol!
Love me some Yorkie
Old 09-02-2012, 09:07 AM

I am laughing so hard having read all these quirks. Mousie, you are always too funny.
Good to see you here too.
I have to think if I have quirks. Probably do without realizing.'
I can't sew with shoes on.
SLeep with door open, like to hear something coming down my hallway. LOL

I can see losing glasses, no matter how many pairs I have for reading, none where I sit so I leave one everywhere and my dh laughs. I buy the 3.25 reading glasses so have lots.

And as for the Mayo.....only on sandwiches thank you.

I can't use a dish washer either.....have to wash and put up. Al theat water swishing around and around,,,,nope...

Everyone have a quirky day. ROFL. Thanks for the giggles.
Old 09-02-2012, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by burchquilts View Post
OMG you guys! I accidently went outside tonight to turn the hose on & THERE WERE BATS! Way up, high in the sky! Just waiting to get me! Can you say BOOKING IT?!? I nearly broke my neck getting back in the house! It was awful!

I was also thinking of another quirky habit I have (this was before I was outside & had the wits scared completely out of me). I take large pieces of fabric, cut them up & then sew them back together into patterns. Anybody else do that? LOL!
Yeah, that seems to be a problem. I also tend to save little scraps, that haven't been sewn together . . . and have no apparent use. When I throw away pieces, I feel guilty (even though they're only 1/2" wide).

What's even worse, is after I've sewn a bunch of scraps together, I expect someone else to be thrilled, to get it as a gift!
Old 09-02-2012, 10:27 AM

Well as Mac Davis would say.......................

Oh Lord it's hard to be humble
When you're perfect in every way.
I can't wait to look in the mirror

'Cos I get better looking each day
To know me is to love me

LOL ........J/K

I am just as quirky as the next quilter!!

My biggest quirk I guess is the clothes in the closet all have to be facing the same way.
Old 09-02-2012, 12:20 PM

In Austin, TX there are millions of bats that live under a bridge downtown. At dusk every night they come flying out. It is quite a spectacle and hundreds of people are there every night to watch. If you are standing under their flight pattern, you get a shower from above. It's pretty gross to think about but they aren't at all scary. There is also a lesser known bridge in Round Rock with thousands of bats. It was easier for me to get to and parking wasn't a problem so I went a couple of times. I guess I'm not afraid of bats unless they are inside a building with me.
Old 09-02-2012, 02:27 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Neesie View Post
Yeah, that seems to be a problem. I also tend to save little scraps, that haven't been sewn together . . . and have no apparent use. When I throw away pieces, I feel guilty (even though they're only 1/2" wide).

What's even worse, is after I've sewn a bunch of scraps together, I expect someone else to be thrilled, to get it as a gift!
Oh yes, oh yes...we is definitely in da same fambly, neesie.
I can't throw any scraps away either!!!
I call it preserving, or being thrifty or a sign of my gratitude to have it. It just makes me so haaappy
Old 09-02-2012, 02:28 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk View Post
Well as Mac Davis would say.......................

Oh Lord it's hard to be humble
When you're perfect in every way.
I can't wait to look in the mirror

'Cos I get better looking each day
To know me is to love me

LOL ........J/K

I am just as quirky as the next quilter!!

My biggest quirk I guess is the clothes in the closet all have to be facing the same way.
ohhh, dats a quirk?
Old 09-02-2012, 03:56 PM
Power Poster

One i just thlught of,after we vot this condo, i now hang my shirts in color order...32 whit10 red, 8 purple, 6 bloe and 6 black.
the reason for so many white... i start each summer with6-8 white t shirts, as the summer goes on and i stain my shirts, i em roider the cront or app them. Its a great way to try new designs.
Old 09-02-2012, 05:02 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
One i just thlught of,after we vot this condo, i now hang my shirts in color order...32 whit10 red, 8 purple, 6 bloe and 6 black.
the reason for so many white... i start each summer with6-8 white t shirts, as the summer goes on and i stain my shirts, i em roider the cront or app them. Its a great way to try new designs.
a true re-purposer. you go girl!