Quirky Habits

Old 08-24-2012, 07:06 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Farm Quilter View Post
I hang my laundry on the line (it is like an upside down umbrella) with the underwear on the inside and hidden from anyone driving by with other clothing. I fold or hang everything as I take it off the line and DH’s stuff on one side, mine on the other. I have a dishwasher that I haven’t used in the 7 years I’ve lived here and I hate other people doing my dishes – they don’t know how to stack it in the dish drainer to maximize the space! I have to make my bed as soon as I get up. If I, by some weird chance, get up and leave before my DH gets up (and he usually doesn’t make the bed), I have to make the bed before I get in it at night. I hate it when my DH cleans out his shaver into the sink and doesn’t clean the sink. I cannot sleep if the closet door is open. I can’t go to sleep without the television on. I don’t like my bedroom door closed when I go to sleep. TP comes off the bottom…otherwise the cat gets all the TP. My DD can’t be bothered to put the roll back on the spindle, just puts it on the counter – drives me nuts and I always put it back on the spindle for her! I count steps…not just stairs, but steps from point A to point B…no clue why! I cannot have my cupboard doors open and I will close other peoples! My mom would always leave cupboard doors open and I always managed to hit my head – safety issue!!! My DH drinks coffee and I prefer tea…and I refuse to use a cup that has had coffee in it because I can still taste the coffee…blech! I absolutely hate whistling – it is always slightly off-pitch and is like fingernails on the blackboard to me. AARRRGGGGGHHH! I let DH hear 3 seconds of Private Eyes and he could tell me who sang it and the name of the song…that’s weird!! Oh, I have the mix for beignets in the freezer!!!

What is really weird is that I had to create this "list" as a word document as I read all 43 pages of posts! Y'all kept reminding of the weird...er, um, quirky habits I have!
yuppers, we has lots in common!
Old 08-24-2012, 07:14 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by burchquilts View Post
I always heard it was safer, too, because you could feel the door & depending on how warm it was (or wasn't), you'd know how close the fire was. But I'm a big chicken & have to have the door open (plus the dog likes to sleep a bunch of different places in & out of the bedroom & I don't want to have to get up in the middle of the night & let him out of the bedroom).
hmmm...I dunt get it - your a big chicken so you leave the door open? for the Gruffalo? or the Grunk?
The dog I get. He has you trained
Old 08-24-2012, 07:42 PM

I can't talk on the phone without my glasses . If I get caught as I'm coming out of the shower or in the middle of getting dressed I'll ask the person to hold and go get my glasses. Guess because things are not in focus I can't concentrate on the conversation. Crazy but true.
Old 08-24-2012, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by katesnanna View Post
I can't talk on the phone without my glasses . If I get caught as I'm coming out of the shower or in the middle of getting dressed I'll ask the person to hold and go get my glasses. Guess because things are not in focus I can't concentrate on the conversation. Crazy but true.
Same here. If the phone rings when I am asleep, I grab my glasses before I answer it.
Old 08-24-2012, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by Pam H View Post
Same here. If the phone rings when I am asleep, I grab my glasses before I answer it.
Me too. Never thought of it as quirky before. Eyes have to focus before brain can focus, I guess.
Old 08-27-2012, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by Mousie View Post
hmmm...I dunt get it - your a big chicken so you leave the door open? for the Gruffalo? or the Grunk?
The dog I get. He has you trained
Oh, you know me well! Yes, he has me at his beck & call! And yes, I need the door open & a little light on so I can see the monster as he creeps up on me. Tho without my glasses, I really can't tell if it's Santa Claus, the boogie man or my DH! LOL!
Old 08-27-2012, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by katesnanna View Post
I always feel like i hear better with my glasses on.
Old 08-28-2012, 07:42 AM

Last week, I had a bad (sinus) headache, so dosed up with decongestant, took off my glasses and sat in recliner, with eyes closed. Short while later, had the brilliant idea to go take some Advil (DUH!), so went into kitchen, opened the cabinet . . . and "OH, MY GOSH! MY VISION IS ALL MESSED UP!" Went ahead and took the Advil, getting quite worried. . . . How many times have you removed your glasses, then wondered why you couldn't see well?
Old 08-28-2012, 01:37 PM

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

Before I had my cataract surgery I occasionally got into the shower with my glasses on.....and had the same reaction -- "have I just had a stroke?!" I have awakened in the morning with them still lopsided on my face, too. Glad that's pretty much over with!!

Jan in VA
Old 08-28-2012, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by Neesie View Post
Last week, I had a bad (sinus) headache, so dosed up with decongestant, took off my glasses and sat in recliner, with eyes closed. Short while later, had the brilliant idea to go take some Advil (DUH!), so went into kitchen, opened the cabinet . . . and "OH, MY GOSH! MY VISION IS ALL MESSED UP!" Went ahead and took the Advil, getting quite worried. . . . How many times have you removed your glasses, then wondered why you couldn't see well?
I hate it when I can't find my glasses. I can't see! I need an extra pair of glasses to wear while I'm looking for my glasses!