Quirky Habits

Old 08-02-2012, 12:43 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by burchquilts View Post
I always have to finish what I say... & I'll be happy to finish what somebody else is saying, too!!! LOL! Just ask my long-suffering DH!!!
I've been um, guilty of such at times if I've had caffeine, too much salt or just jubiliant.
I do tend to be a happy mouse often, LOL!
I have worked on not interrupting dh, but had to make him understand that when he goes on a bit, I can't "stay with"...I need pictures, not flat words (my own term for talk that does not give me pictures).
I will HAVE to finish if dh has his say and tries to walk off...
"uh? are you kidding me...uh-uh...get back here or suffer the consequences you monkey!"
Old 08-02-2012, 12:45 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by gramajo View Post
It's only the empty container. And they don't even squash it down so it's smaller in the trash.
...I'm just making a joke bc I save boxes.
I hate for the bag to fall in too. It makes a horrible mess to clean up and you have to spray the can out or it will stink to high heaven!
Old 08-02-2012, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by Neesie View Post
http://pets.webmd.com/dogs/guide/dog...-get-the-facts

Depending upon the size of dog and type of chocolate, it can be deadly.
Yikes! I don't want my baby doggie to go {poof} so I guess I'll just have to save the blue ones for DH! Thanks for the info!!! I knew raisins were bad for doggies...
Old 08-03-2012, 08:00 AM

My doggie loves sweet tarts and bottle caps (the candy not actual caps!). She doesn't get many but she just "dances" around if she can see a box of em lol
Old 08-03-2012, 08:36 AM

Yikes! I don't want my baby doggie to go {poof} so I guess I'll just have to save the blue ones for DH! Thanks for the info!!! I knew raisins were bad for doggies...
Raisins and grapes, chocolate, garlic and onions. I didn't know about the onions, and my dog LOVED onions, especially the Walla Walla variety. When the vet found out he scolded me. Onions and garlic are cousins.

My mom made a batch of brownies once, put it on the windowsill to cool and left the house. Their teacup poodle (itty bitty) somehow managed to figure out a way to get up on the counter and ate the entire pan. She got really sick and upchucked the whole thing. To this day, we cannot figure out how she managed to get up on the counter.
Old 08-03-2012, 10:37 AM
Power Poster

my dd has one out of six cats that comes a running if she hears the cheez-its box/ppr.
She loves any kind of crackers.
The other kitties run if they hear a plastic bag
Old 08-04-2012, 11:25 AM

So I was bucking around in my bed when I woke up with one looking me in the face?!?!
Ummmmmm ROL -- you sure you want to say that???? ROL! were you alone?????
Old 08-04-2012, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by Mousie View Post
how many have to finish what they say?
can you just leave a thought hanging?
what happens to hanging thoughts? are they there for (gulp) ever?
If a thought is finished in the forest to a man, is it heard?
I had the opposite problem with my late DH!!!! He'd be thinking of something and then out of the blue, he'd finish his thoughts out loud. How many conversations we had with him starting in the middle of a sentence and I'm looking at him with a bewildered look on my face wondering what the heck he was talking about!! ROL!!!
Old 08-04-2012, 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by babyfireo4 View Post
My doggie loves sweet tarts and bottle caps (the candy not actual caps!). She doesn't get many but she just "dances" around if she can see a box of em lol
There is pretty much NOTHING Leo won't do for Cheerioes! He LOVES them!
Old 08-04-2012, 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by Peckish View Post
Raisins and grapes, chocolate, garlic and onions. I didn't know about the onions, and my dog LOVED onions, especially the Walla Walla variety. When the vet found out he scolded me. Onions and garlic are cousins.

My mom made a batch of brownies once, put it on the windowsill to cool and left the house. Their teacup poodle (itty bitty) somehow managed to figure out a way to get up on the counter and ate the entire pan. She got really sick and upchucked the whole thing. To this day, we cannot figure out how she managed to get up on the counter.
You'd be amazed at the lengths I would go to for a pan of freshly-baked brownies! So I can identify with the poodle (hey, poodles are extremely intelligent & this just proves that!)!!!