Quirky Habits

Old 08-04-2012, 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by amandasgramma View Post
Ummmmmm ROL -- you sure you want to say that???? ROL! were you alone?????
Ummmm.... uhhhhh... well, does the bat count as a bedfellow? LOL!
Old 08-05-2012, 04:26 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by burchquilts View Post
Ummmm.... uhhhhh... well, does the bat count as a bedfellow? LOL!
you guys are hilarious!
I do have to say...um, that description of the commotion in the bed,...well if I were that bat I'd have either high tailed it out of there or just fell out laughing!
I bet he went back to the bat cave and shared with all his batty friends about the goofy lady
Also, if y'all are gonna talk pans of brownies, pass some over here, I'm starving!!!
Old 08-05-2012, 04:45 PM

I like my toast buttered the second the toaster pops up...I don't want it cold and the butter just smeared on top..I like it to melt in. My DH says I'm too picky but oh well.
Old 08-05-2012, 05:01 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by maryb119 View Post
I like my toast buttered the second the toaster pops up...I don't want it cold and the butter just smeared on top..I like it to melt in. My DH says I'm too picky but oh well.
well, what in the world is picky about that? Isn't that why we toast it?
Old 08-05-2012, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by maryb119 View Post
Me, too!!! Went to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico many many years ago --- they kept serving me COLD toast with little 1/2" frozen balls of butter....UGH! First thing I fixed when I got home was toast with MELTED butter!!
Old 08-05-2012, 06:04 PM

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

Originally Posted by Mousie View Post
I have fibromyalgia and only use one smaaaall pillow. I sleep on my stomach and anything regular sized hurts my neck and shoulders.
I toss and turn...if I had to keep up with five pillows???
I'm guessing you haven't gone menopausal yet. The night sweats would cause severe chucking of pillows, gown, sheets across the room
Oh no, honey, I'm 67 and long past menopause! But I ache, so the little pillows help support my 'parts'.....one under my head (side or back), one under or between my knees, one against my back, one against my tummy, and one to accommodate my upper arm or hand. The ones against my back/tummy allow me to feel supported so it doesn't feel like I'm using muscles to prevent rolling over; it's just more relaxing for me. I need to be warm, but not sweaty, when I sleep, again to relax muscles. I usually change positions maybe twice a night. The CPAP is helping to do that....deeper sleep.

Jan in VA
Old 08-05-2012, 06:41 PM

Jan, it sounds like you've got it all figured out for you to get a good night's sleep. That's great. My sleeping has been much improved since I got an adjustable bed last summer. A world of difference.
Okay, I had sweetcorn with my dinner. I tried the around the cob method. I tried up over the top and then I tried going down. They both felt strange. I cooked it by the new method I heard about. You just stick the ear (shucks and all) into the mw and cook it for 4 minutes. That baby was hot! I burned my fingers. I burned my tongue. I burned my gums just biting the corn off. Next time I might let it cool down a little before trying it! LOL It did cook great in the mw though and no silks to bother me.
Old 08-06-2012, 05:40 AM

you guys are hilarious!
I do have to say...um, that description of the commotion in the bed,...well if I were that bat I'd have either high tailed it out of there or just fell out laughing!
I bet he went back to the bat cave and shared with all his batty friends about the goofy lady
Also, if y'all are gonna talk pans of brownies, pass some over here, I'm starving!!!
I'm sure not just the bat is still talking about what a nut job I acted like! My neighbors saw me running out of the building in my nightgown, with a quilt thrown over my head, screaming bloody murder (did I leave that part out last time???)! I'll bet they wondered what I'd been smokin'!!!
Old 08-06-2012, 05:41 AM

well, what in the world is picky about that? Isn't that why we toast it?
Well, I'm weird (uh... hey... no comments from the Peanut Gallery) but I like my toast barely, barely toasted (mostly just warmed thru) with no butter. Yum... dry white toast... I love it!
Old 08-06-2012, 06:17 AM

I like my toast just barely toasted. I remember staying with my aunt during the summer when I was young. She would burn the toast and then scrape the burned part off into the garbage and then expect me to eat it. YUCK! Never ever ever have I eaten burned toast since. That is squirrel food!