Quirky Habits

Old 08-14-2012, 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by Farm Quilter View Post
I hate it when my DH cleans out his shaver into the sink and doesn’t clean the sink.
My husband doesn't rinse out the razor and it drives me NUTS! I've asked him repeatedly but he just doesn't think about it. So I have 2 razor refills in the tub; one for him and one hidden behind the shampoo for me. When I get in the shower I put in a blade from MY refill, and when I'm done I swap them back.

I don’t like my bedroom door closed when I go to sleep.
I HAVE to have my bedroom door closed when I sleep. My grandfather was a fireman and we were taught that a closed door would give you a few precious minutes if you needed to escape a fire, whereas an open door would allow smoke in and you could perish before you ever awoke. Of course, we have smoke alarms now, but I still want an extra minute or two!

I cannot have my cupboard doors open and I will close other peoples!
I agree with you, this could be another safety issue. I have a friend whose son climbed up on the counter to get something out of an upper cupboard, and while he was there his sister opened a lower cupboard and left it open. When he came down, he came down fast and ended up straddling the open cupboard door - hard. Poor little guy.
Old 08-14-2012, 04:15 PM

....Oh, I have the mix for beignets in the freezer!!!

What is really weird is that I had to create this "list" as a word document as I read all 43 pages of posts! Y'all kept reminding of the weird...er, um, quirky habits I have!
Emergency meeting, at Farm Quilter's freezer . . . ummm, I mean house!!!!
Old 08-15-2012, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by Neesie View Post
Emergency meeting, at Farm Quilter's freezer . . . ummm, I mean house!!!!
Yep! Beignets and homemade cookies...how did you know about the cookies, Neesie???
Old 08-15-2012, 10:09 AM

Yep! Beignets and homemade cookies...how did you know about the cookies, Neesie???
Beignets AND cookies?!?!? Oh, my! When??? When??? This afternoon? Oh, it's already afternoon, here! May we have our meeting NOW?????
Old 08-16-2012, 10:34 PM

Beignets AND cookies?!?!? Oh, my! When??? When??? This afternoon? Oh, it's already afternoon, here! May we have our meeting NOW?????
How about tea on Friday? About 4?
Old 08-17-2012, 05:27 AM
Power Poster

When I have corn on the cob, the pointy end has to be to the left. If Jim puts it on the plate facing the other way, I am compled to turn it around. And....get this.....I do not know WHY I do this.
Old 08-17-2012, 05:56 AM

How about tea on Friday? About 4?
Yes, yes, YES!!! :::::: doing happy dance ::::::: <----- humongous smile
Old 08-17-2012, 06:44 AM

I'm not sure what a beignet is but I sure do want to find out! I'll see everyone at 4!
Old 08-17-2012, 09:06 AM

Strange as it probably sounds, I can't stand even the thought of crawfish! BLAH! Probably because I watched my dad and uncles eat them, when I was a child. Will spare others the details . . . but I'm sure you know to what I'm referring. Just totally grossed me out.

My aunt used to work at McCrory's (on Canal) and was in charge of making the candied apples. She'd always set aside a few of the best ones, for us. She had her own "secret" recipe, for the red candy on them. Refused to share it with any of the other workers, so she was THE candied apple person.
STOP IT! You're making me too, too hungry! Now I want gumbo & dirty rice & candied apples!
Old 08-17-2012, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by Mousie View Post
I'm right there with ya, sister!
I've never had this problem bc dh was trained very well in the navy about all kinds of things, but I had to teach our kids to wring out the dishcloth and drape it to dry.
Nothing worse than a sour dishcloth and I see them wadded up on ppl's sinks and just cringe
Me, too! I can almost see the germs crawling around on them... gross!!! And it's so easy to just wring them out & hang them up.