Quirky Habits

Old 08-12-2012, 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by Neesie View Post
Tooth juice = saliva clinging to one's teeth, when biting into something. Leaves a wet bite mark.
Are there cooties involved in tooth juice?
Old 08-12-2012, 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by burchquilts View Post
Oh, i remember those baskets filled with crackers! When I was little (back in the Stone Age), I would debate foever about which looked the best. Then sometimes my Mother would also let me "sneak" a pack into her purse to take home with me. I felt so dangerous when I did that!

I remember the pats of butter, too... with the little square of wax paper stuff on top of them. I also remember little tiny "crocks" with cream in them. Does that ring any bells?

You're from the Big EZ? My DH's kin is from there, too... small world! Who dat?!?
Yes, ma'am!!! I was born and raised, in N.O.! Small world, indeed!

I sometimes took home an extra pack of crackers, too! They were always so interesting and we only had Saltines, at home (my grandma had Ritz, at her house. Yum!). It was always an adventure, trying the different crackers; that was probably my favorite part of the meal! LOL Were those tiny "crocks" made of white ceramic? I vaguely remember something like that . . . but was probably too busy stuffing myself with crackers and butter, to pay attention to much else.

Every once in a blue moon, we'd go to the French Quarter and get beignets and hot chocolate (my parents would get coffee). Mmmmmm! I remember having to put on a dress, to take the bus to Canal St., to shop with my mom. Seems funny now, how people dressed up, to go shopping!
Old 08-12-2012, 06:57 AM

Are there cooties involved in tooth juice?
Could be. LOL I'm okay with licking an ice cream cone or snowball, after someone else . . . but it just grosses me out, to see someone else's spit, on my sandwich. Ewwww!
Old 08-12-2012, 10:28 AM
Power Poster

Tooth juice = saliva clinging to one's teeth, when biting into something. Leaves a wet bite mark.
lol, you sure love giving the "visuals", Neesie, but you had me at juice
Old 08-12-2012, 10:30 AM
Power Poster

My mom used to butter her saltines, too... what is that about? And DH would put butter on anything... cereal, cake, steak... kidding, but still...
It's all about the YUM
Old 08-12-2012, 10:35 AM
Power Poster

Oh, i remember those baskets filled with crackers! When I was little (back in the Stone Age), I would debate foever about which looked the best. Then sometimes my Mother would also let me "sneak" a pack into her purse to take home with me. I felt so dangerous when I did that!

I remember the pats of butter, too... with the little square of wax paper stuff on top of them. I also remember little tiny "crocks" with cream in them. Does that ring any bells?

You're from the Big EZ? My DH's kin is from there, too... small world! Who dat?!?
since I just LOVE butter, I can remember those little pats with the waxed paper from first grade.
We'd get them with real, hot, fluffly yeast rolls on our lunch tray and I thought they were so cute and I was one happy little mouse
I'd never been away from the rat's nest and experienced real joy before
Old 08-12-2012, 10:42 AM
Power Poster

Yes, ma'am!!! I was born and raised, in N.O.! Small world, indeed!

I sometimes took home an extra pack of crackers, too! They were always so interesting and we only had Saltines, at home (my grandma had Ritz, at her house. Yum!). It was always an adventure, trying the different crackers; that was probably my favorite part of the meal! LOL Were those tiny "crocks" made of white ceramic? I vaguely remember something like that . . . but was probably too busy stuffing myself with crackers and butter, to pay attention to much else.

Every once in a blue moon, we'd go to the French Quarter and get beignets and hot chocolate (my parents would get coffee). Mmmmmm! I remember having to put on a dress, to take the bus to Canal St., to shop with my mom. Seems funny now, how people dressed up, to go shopping!
My life started when i got married, lol, so I'm not that old, really
You'd never equate dressing up and shopping once you've seen the people in Wal-M...not a snobby mouse, but sometimes I get so embarrassed for some of them!
I guess that's why there is a whole website dedicated to them.
I always loved the little packets of crackers too.
Like I said, never saw any till dh took me out, once in a blue moon.
(tee hee hee, we must have been visiting the same neighborhood...'blue moon'...
beignets...sounds really interesting and super yummy, whatever it is
Your mom really dressed you up and took you shopping with her? wow...
Old 08-12-2012, 10:45 AM
Power Poster

Could be. LOL I'm okay with licking an ice cream cone or snowball, after someone else . . . but it just grosses me out, to see someone else's spit, on my sandwich. Ewwww!
yeee-uck! oh boy...now I have spit soaked sandwhich visuals....
butter, butter, butter, butter...la, la, la, la.....(holding my ears and humming LOUDLY!)
Old 08-12-2012, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by Mousie View Post
yeee-uck! oh boy...now I have spit soaked sandwhich visuals....
butter, butter, butter, butter...la, la, la, la.....(holding my ears and humming LOUDLY!)
LOL Sorry, Mousie! Okay, picture this - French Quarter Beignets. Little squares of fried heaven-on-earth, covered with powdered sugar. They were hand-cut squares, probably about 3" - 4" across (sometimes more rectangular shaped), slightly sweet, tender, puffy bread . . . just completely covered, with white confectioners' sugar. Pair that with a cup of coffee (or hot cocoa, for non-coffee drinkers). Take a bite. Inhale the aroma of the coffee. Close your eyes and savor the moment. Hear the cooing of pigeons and the distant murmuring of fellow diners. Another bite of beignet. Another sip of coffee. Nothing else matters.

Old 08-12-2012, 11:42 AM
Power Poster

LOL Sorry, Mousie! Okay, picture this - French Quarter Beignets. Little squares of fried heaven-on-earth, covered with powdered sugar. They were hand-cut squares, probably about 3" - 4" across (sometimes more rectangular shaped), slightly sweet, tender, puffy bread . . . just completely covered, with white confectioners' sugar. Pair that with a cup of coffee (or hot cocoa, for non-coffee drinkers). Take a bite. Inhale the aroma of the coffee. Close your eyes and savor the moment. Hear the cooing of pigeons and the distant murmuring of fellow diners. Another bite of beignet. Another sip of coffee. Nothing else matters.

mmm...I can see it, taste it, hear it...(are we quilters hedonists? lol )