Quirky Habits

Old 08-10-2012, 04:24 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by burchquilts View Post
Like I said, this was a few years ago -- before my body went completely to seed -- tho if I saw a bat in my bed (or anywhere near me) nowdays, I'll bet I could outurn that guy at the Olympics! Like my Dad used to say "It won't hurt you but it'll make you hurt yourself"... LOL!

What creeps me out about bats? Well, you can't get away from them. Mice or something, you can jump up on the couch or something & be out of their path but bats are all over the place. Plus they're super quiet so you don't see them coming (unlike birds, for example tho I know some people are petrified of birds). Plus they carry who knows what kinds of horrible diseases. Plus they'll get in my hair. Plus they're icky!
I'm sure if I ever had a bat to dive bomb me and/or try to get in my lustrous mousie hair, I wouldn't like it one bit.
I didn't know they were quiet etc. and we actually have seen them in the past around our place.
Wonder what makes them go after people?
Like, what do they want? They do carry disease, or so I understand
Old 08-10-2012, 04:28 PM
Power Poster

I only use real butter... none of that pretend stuff for me. My body is a temple... or a junkyard or something... LOL!

I love it... nekkid bread! That's what I'm gonna call it from now on! And now that I think of it, I eat my toast in a certain "pattern" (you expected anything other from me? LOL!) & don't eat the crust. I give it to my DH. I told DH that's why I chose him out of all the guys in the world... he'd eat my crust for me so I didn't feel guilty about "wasting" it.

I more than make up for no butter on my toast. DH & I are originally from the South so trust me... we get plenty of fat in our diet (hey, who said lard wasn't a food group? And gravy? My body just flat out quits working without a certain blood level of gravy).
ROFL!...certain level of gravy...girlfriend you are pure southerner thru and thru!
Dh was like that before he became a type 2 diabetic.
I can make some good gravy, but I don't bc we gave up fried foods, except once or twice a month in a restaurant as a treat.
(me...I could eat butter with a spoon! of course I try not to...just hate to see my saltines going nekkid )
Old 08-10-2012, 04:30 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Neesie View Post
Ummmmm. . . mice can climb. Just saying . . . .
well, I used to, but now? not so much
Old 08-10-2012, 04:33 PM
Power Poster

Oh, I love "nekkid" toast crust! Only . . . I would want to peel it off of the toast, myself . . . before anyone took a bite out of it. I don't mind sharing a straw . . . but sandwich or nekkid toast? NO WAY! I don't want someone else's tooth juice, on my food!
ok, you know how unflattering it is for a grown mousewoman to bust out laughing and snorting...especially with her son in law at the computer beside her? (I had to explain: tooth juice! omgosh, that's funny! )
Old 08-10-2012, 04:37 PM
Power Poster

While "Pooh butter" doesn't sound too good (till you really think about it), it sure does sound good... yum yum! I've never been much of a s'mores fan but I love graham crackers... especially ones with cinnarmon or even better, chocolate-covered ones!
yes, being such a visual mousie, I winced at the Pooh-butter, but now after mulling it over, I am definitely going to share this with my dgd who love, love, loves honey and butter.
Her baby sister is a fan of Winnie the Pooh, so it should be a hit
Old 08-11-2012, 02:45 AM

Originally Posted by Mousie View Post
ROFL!...certain level of gravy...girlfriend you are pure southerner thru and thru!
Dh was like that before he became a type 2 diabetic.
I can make some good gravy, but I don't bc we gave up fried foods, except once or twice a month in a restaurant as a treat.
(me...I could eat butter with a spoon! of course I try not to...just hate to see my saltines going nekkid )
My mom used to butter her saltines, too... what is that about? And DH would put butter on anything... cereal, cake, steak... kidding, but still...
Old 08-11-2012, 02:46 AM

Originally Posted by Mousie View Post
ok, you know how unflattering it is for a grown mousewoman to bust out laughing and snorting...especially with her son in law at the computer beside her? (I had to explain: tooth juice! omgosh, that's funny! )
I have to admit... "tooth juice" is a new one to me, too! LOL!
Old 08-11-2012, 06:55 AM

My mom used to butter her saltines, too... what is that about? And DH would put butter on anything... cereal, cake, steak... kidding, but still...
I'm wondering if it's a southern thing. I grew up in New Orleans. Not sure how it is now (I've been in TX, about 20 years) but it used to be that many restaurants would serve warm French bread, with butter pats, before the meal arrived. If it was earlier in the day or the restaurant was less expensive, there would be a dish of assorted crackers (wrapped packets) and a dish of butter pats. That was back in the day, when restaurants served real butter, not the scary fake stuff.
Old 08-11-2012, 06:58 AM

I have to admit... "tooth juice" is a new one to me, too! LOL!
Tooth juice = saliva clinging to one's teeth, when biting into something. Leaves a wet bite mark.
Old 08-12-2012, 05:33 AM

I'm wondering if it's a southern thing. I grew up in New Orleans. Not sure how it is now (I've been in TX, about 20 years) but it used to be that many restaurants would serve warm French bread, with butter pats, before the meal arrived. If it was earlier in the day or the restaurant was less expensive, there would be a dish of assorted crackers (wrapped packets) and a dish of butter pats. That was back in the day, when restaurants served real butter, not the scary fake stuff.
Oh, i remember those baskets filled with crackers! When I was little (back in the Stone Age), I would debate foever about which looked the best. Then sometimes my Mother would also let me "sneak" a pack into her purse to take home with me. I felt so dangerous when I did that!

I remember the pats of butter, too... with the little square of wax paper stuff on top of them. I also remember little tiny "crocks" with cream in them. Does that ring any bells?

You're from the Big EZ? My DH's kin is from there, too... small world! Who dat?!?