Quirky Habits

Old 07-19-2012, 01:19 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by almond View Post
I just thought of one: When I made grocery lists, I have a special spiral note pad I use. I write everything in the order they are in the store. When I go to the store the whole notepad goes with me. I have having a folded up piece of paper to look at. As I find each item on the list I cross it off.
but of course!
Old 07-19-2012, 01:21 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by ILoveToQuilt View Post
LOL.....love this thread.

I, too, count stairs. More for safety as I have neurological problems and can't feel my left foot, so I need to count the stairs to know "where I am". TP must come off top and never underneath. Don't clean (yup, I could probably go on the show "Hoarders"...not quite that bad, but my stuff drives DH crazy, his drives me nuts) regularly, so I guess that makes me quirky in a way. Eggs are balanced always. When I hard boil eggs I have to write an "H" on them so I know they are cooked. Must Fabreze my car before I'll drive it. I've been known to eat corn both ways. Guess I have a touch of CDO, too! LOL
I just put a sharpie dot on boiled eggs.
I can't eat corn, but when i did it was like an old typewriter!
And I would turn it so the butter wouldn't drip off!
Old 07-19-2012, 01:27 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by MadQuilter View Post
I can't stand to use a chopper for onions because my onion pieces have to be the same size.
Clothes hangers all go the same direction and the shirts need to be facing the same.

DH will walk around the house and flip the 3-way light switches so they are all the same.
I don't/can't eat onions, but this is a new one on me. What about when your dicing potatoes?
I'm with you on the clothes hangers and when it's time for bed, my dh leaves quickly so lights and locks are always up to me!
When we watch tv, I want the blinds closed bc passerby's look in.
He wants them open so he can see out!
Since they are by my chair, I close all but half of one to compromise (or he would just yank it wide open and I'd have to Al-Kabong him to the moon!)
Old 07-19-2012, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by Mousie View Post
Oh no I wooon't ...I didn't say:
I do use my hand to turn water on, but after I am scrubbed, everything is turned off etc. with a paper towel and I hate doorknobs with a passion!
I use elbows and forearms to open doors. I just plain hate germs. I used to clean houses and a hospital and worked in medical records.
Was a CNA too, and it all makes you so highly aware of all the cooties everywhere.
Your de-cootie-fying everything around you for life!
(I even tear off the end of the toilet paper in a public bathroom and dispose of it before getting some fresh! and I hate for my purse to ever be on the floor! If theres no hook in a bathroom and I can't figure out how to hang or prop it, I will put it around my neck! )
I used to wipe down carts in stores before they started providing wipes
DANG -- I was hoping to add to your quirkiness! I've actually seen people spend time washing hands in a public bathroom, then use their hands to shut off the water tap and to open the door. But I don't call it quirkiness.....I say we're SMART. I'm like you, I worked in the medical field and had a husband with leukemia... I'm always looking for cooties, too!!!!!
Old 07-19-2012, 01:32 PM

I don't/can't eat onions, but this is a new one on me. What about when your dicing potatoes?
I'm with you on the clothes hangers and when it's time for bed, my dh leaves quickly so lights and locks are always up to me!
When we watch tv, I want the blinds closed bc passerby's look in.
He wants them open so he can see out!
Since they are by my chair, I close all but half of one to compromise (or he would just yank it wide open and I'd have to Al-Kabong him to the moon!)
Good idea on shutting the drapes -- cuz you never know when I'll drive by!!!! I'm always looking in people's windows!! ROL! Hey - maybe that's another quirk of mine -- peeping in the windows at night when we drive around!!!!
Old 07-19-2012, 01:41 PM

I eat one thing at a time on my plate, then go to the next thing eat all of it while turning my plate clockwise. I really have issues. Lol
Old 07-19-2012, 02:33 PM

Gonna start getting the second can, Lol...now greeting cards? I never touch the one in front! horrors!
I always get milk and produce from the back and we all poke bread for the softest one don't we????
Greeting cards! I always draw from the middle!

Yep, milk from the back, produce - move everything around, to find the best, and bread - poke and check for latest date!
Old 07-19-2012, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by amandasgramma View Post
Good idea on shutting the drapes -- cuz you never know when I'll drive by!!!! I'm always looking in people's windows!! ROL! Hey - maybe that's another quirk of mine -- peeping in the windows at night when we drive around!!!!
This is such a fun thread! We live out in the country, with hardly any traffic. However, I still want the blinds closed, at night. Never know when "someone" might just happen to drive by, looking this way! HOWEVER, if I've just cleaned up the living room and have it all nice and straight, I will open those blinds!
Old 07-19-2012, 03:02 PM

Do you look in closets and shower when you return home alone? I'm not saying if I do or don't, but there's never anybody there, LOL!
(If there was, I'm sure they'd run like Goldilocks when they saw my smith+wesson )
I don't even come in the house first... LOL! Actually, I'd know if someone was in the house because I'd see them sprawled as Leo loved them nearly to death. Yes, he's quite the watchdog... he watches for people he can invite in... LOL!

I have been known to peek into a room before I barge right on in...

And I, too, talk to myself (does that surprise anyone here on the board?). In fact, I tell my family that my headstone is going to have a speaker on it so I can comment on the passing world... LOL!
Old 07-19-2012, 03:08 PM

I am a post it queen. I also tear old/junk envelopes and keep in an old tissue box to use for making my lists!
Now that's thrifty and recycling.
I have a bajillion things I do a certain way.
Left foot in pants, shoe, left boob goes in first, lol...left arm in sleeve...(this is just practical being a right handed mouse),...
DH will make a list on ANYTHING. Me? Only lined paper. He also will use anything for a bookmark. Me? My "special" bookmark. Or, if I can't find it or its otherwise occupied, I use another official bookmark. DD will only use photographs for bookmarks.

I also put my stuff on left-side first (tho both boobs go in at once). And I put my clothes on in a certain order. Underpants. Bra. Socks. Slacks. Shoes. Make-up. Shirt (if you put your shirt on before yo put your make-up on, 9 times out of 10 you drop mascara or something on it & then you gotta start all over). Earrings. Rings. Glasses.