Quirky Habits

Old 07-18-2012, 05:51 PM

I just thought of one: When I made grocery lists, I have a special spiral note pad I use. I write everything in the order they are in the store. When I go to the store the whole notepad goes with me. I have having a folded up piece of paper to look at. As I find each item on the list I cross it off.
Old 07-18-2012, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by raedar63 View Post
I did think of another as I was doing laundry today. I can't stand to wash my cloths with my husbands !

And burchquilts I talk for my dogs all the time
Oh, thank goodness because my family thinks I'm nuts (except my DS who does all Sky's talking, too... LOL!).
Old 07-18-2012, 07:29 PM

What fun this has been. I just got done adding something to my list that I did today, to cross it off. lol I also started a list for tomorrow. I like my tp from the bottom, and dh likes it from the top. Top wins. I talk to myself all day. I have to rinse my water glass 3 times before I put water in it that i can drink. My stove top has to be clean. My oven can be dirty. I can only fold my laundry. My drawers are very neat. My dd reloads my dw. I do it all wrong.
Old 07-19-2012, 04:04 AM

LOL.....love this thread.

I, too, count stairs. More for safety as I have neurological problems and can't feel my left foot, so I need to count the stairs to know "where I am". TP must come off top and never underneath. Don't clean (yup, I could probably go on the show "Hoarders"...not quite that bad, but my stuff drives DH crazy, his drives me nuts) regularly, so I guess that makes me quirky in a way. Eggs are balanced always. When I hard boil eggs I have to write an "H" on them so I know they are cooked. Must Fabreze my car before I'll drive it. I've been known to eat corn both ways. Guess I have a touch of CDO, too! LOL
Old 07-19-2012, 12:25 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by burchquilts View Post
I NEVER like to hear ice clinking in a glass. And the sound of people chewing ice (or walking in crunchy snow) makes my teeth itch & nearly drives me to distraction!
lol,...can't say I've ever had my teeth itch, but I know what you mean.
I'm not one of those that can't stand fingernails on a chalkboard, but my dd is. I used to catch her looking at me strangely and it was bc I slid my fork across my Corelle dinner plate and made a screech.
One thing that used to bother me was paper bags rubbing together.
LOL, haven't seen a grocery sized paper bag in years!
Old 07-19-2012, 12:27 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by burchquilts View Post
My DH works evenings & I have to have a light (just a little one, but a light still) on in every room of the house.
Do you look in closets and shower when you return home alone? I'm not saying if I do or don't, but there's never anybody there, LOL!
(If there was, I'm sure they'd run like Goldilocks when they saw my smith+wesson )
Old 07-19-2012, 12:33 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by amandasgramma View Post
Now I'lll add to your quirkiness............you use the tp to flush, then you go to the sink and turn on the faucet ------the same faucet that someone else used BEFORE they washed their hands.....then after you wash your hands, you turn off the faucet...........the same faucet you turned on before washing your hands!!! ROL.......okay -- now there's another of MY quirkies!!! I INSIST my bathroom faucets have to be one lever. That way I can turn the water OFF with my ARM.....not my clean hands!!!!! Think about it --- now you'll go EEEEUUUUU!!!!!
Oh no I wooon't ...I didn't say:
I do use my hand to turn water on, but after I am scrubbed, everything is turned off etc. with a paper towel and I hate doorknobs with a passion!
I use elbows and forearms to open doors. I just plain hate germs. I used to clean houses and a hospital and worked in medical records.
Was a CNA too, and it all makes you so highly aware of all the cooties everywhere.
Your de-cootie-fying everything around you for life!
(I even tear off the end of the toilet paper in a public bathroom and dispose of it before getting some fresh! and I hate for my purse to ever be on the floor! If theres no hook in a bathroom and I can't figure out how to hang or prop it, I will put it around my neck! )
I used to wipe down carts in stores before they started providing wipes
Old 07-19-2012, 12:37 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Quilting Nonnie View Post
I'm guilty as charged! I put my silverware upside down in the rack. My reasoning: when I go to unload, I'm only touching the handles, not the part that people put in their mouths.

Calling all list makers! I make a list of everything I am going to do in a day. I'll even make a list after I start, listing everything including the things I've already done. That way I can cross them off! There's such a great feeling of crossing items off a list!
I am a post it queen. I also tear old/junk envelopes and keep in an old tissue box to use for making my lists!
Now that's thrifty and recycling.
I have a bajillion things I do a certain way.
Left foot in pants, shoe, left boob goes in first, lol...left arm in sleeve...(this is just practical being a right handed mouse),...
Old 07-19-2012, 12:38 PM
Power Poster

I can't stand to use a chopper for onions because my onion pieces have to be the same size.
Clothes hangers all go the same direction and the shirts need to be facing the same.

DH will walk around the house and flip the 3-way light switches so they are all the same.
Old 07-19-2012, 12:39 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Neesie View Post
This isn't really a "quirk" but one thing that makes me want to SCREAM, is seeing someone wipe hands on the kitchen towel, without washing those hands first! IT'S NOT A NAPKIN!!! Grosses me out! If it's my house, I admonish the person (child or adult) and change the towel. If it's someone else's house, I search out a paper towel or napkin, for when I wash my hands.

I load silverware upright, in the dishwasher. It seems to get cleaner that way . . . and I ALWAYS wash my hands, before unloading the dishwasher.

Just thought of another one. When we use plastic forks, spoons, knives, I always wash my hands, then reposition the "up" half of the utensils, so that all face downward in the box, with only the handles sticking up. That way, no one touches anyone else's eating surface (except for me, of course . . . but I know my hands were clean)!
DITTO!.... (it said my message was too short! geesh!)