Quirky Habits

Old 07-19-2012, 12:41 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by amandasgramma View Post
The "quirk" about loading the flatware in the dishwasher with handles up. I have that quirk!!! I didn't know I did!! LOL BUT - funny story -- I was telling my granddaughter to change and put them in with the handle up. She asked why ---- I told her that because her brother's job was to empty the dishwasher ---to think about it. We KNOW he probably didn't wash his hands after the last time he went to the bathroom...............................ROL -- that poor girl paled out!! Grandson overheard and became quite indignant -- said he DOES wash his hands. LOL
Also,...if you leave knives sticking UP...you could slit your wrists!!!
Old 07-19-2012, 12:46 PM

This is an interesting post ... didn't know I was so OCD until I read all the quirky habits here! I too am a collector/hoarder of sewing and craft stuff. People laugh until they need something ... and I have it and, better yet, can locate it.
Old 07-19-2012, 12:46 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by buslady View Post
I have thoroughly enjoyed reading this thread. Took a while. All the while saying "I do that!" One exception, the TP HAS to roll off the bottom!!!! You are all WRONG about that one! LOL I can only think of one thing I do that wasn't listed here, and it came to me as I am typing this. I cannot post on a thread until I have read the entire thing, first. And since I have a horrible memory, I usually can't post then cause as I was reading I thought of things to say, but by the time I am done I can't think of any of them. LOL The only dishwasher I have is my DH. And he does the cooking and cleaning. I cannot convince him not to wash my delicates and Light/Bright tops in with his jeans, so now I keep that stuff separate and when I have enough for a load, I throw them in myself. My DGD doesn't want any of her food touching and uses no condiments on anything.And I won't eat anything slimey. Mushrooms, onions greenpeppers, cooked tomatoes.............. And I think the right brain thing is absolutely dead on. But I think it causes me to be a slob!! That's my story and I am sticking to it!! LOL I hope everyone keeps this thread going for a bit, it is fun to read.
10-Q! 10-Q! 10-Q!about the right brain! I love to learn about the brain and what makes ppl tick.
I also want my t.p. coming from the bottom, otherwise I have to turn, turn, turn the darn thing to get the paper to flap in the breeze so I can see where the end is!
Dh is an over the top guy, so he leaves a roll on the counter for himself and leaves the paper on the roller for me.
LOL,...then I use "his" paper to keep from changing mine so often.
We know us gals are more paper inclined/hygenic than men bc they are shakers
Old 07-19-2012, 12:48 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Pam H View Post
Is it the right brain thing that makes me a slob? I knew there had to be some good excuse!
Ah! but it is also responsible for the o-c-d cleaners too. Let's face it...left brain is a cat and right brain is whatever it wants to be
Old 07-19-2012, 12:49 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Neesie View Post
According to the online tests, I'm slightly over half right-brained and the rest is left-brained. No wonder I'm usually confused! It probably also has something to do with why I talk to and argue with myself.
psychologists call it cognitive-dissonance...I just call it: me
Old 07-19-2012, 01:04 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by almond View Post
I can't stand people that snap their gum!

My refrigerator has to be clean and organized. No old food.

Can't stand when someone eats like a pig.

Always open public restroom door with a paper towel! Do you know how many people have touched that door handle and not washed their hands and do you know where their hands have been. Also hate the blow hand dryers.

A barking dog. Funny how the owner can't hear them.

Screaming kids.

I guess I could go on and on.
gum doesn't bother me, but I don't really know anyone that does that...ohhh, except me...once in a blue moon, but not in public!
I keep the old food in the fridge cleaned out and everything has it's place or I'd never find it again!
I am not overly observant, especially when I'm eating, so I am not aware if there are pigs around, LOL!
I'd rather use paper towels for hand drying than the blowers. I don't know why...maybe bc I have to look for paper to get out of the bathroom anyway.
Barking dogs can be a nuisance. Glad I don't have to deal with that!
Screaming kids...I always blame the parents. I could really elaborate on why too, but just bc I am one of the best parents in the world and raised great kids, I won't gloat, LOL
Old 07-19-2012, 01:10 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Neesie View Post
Oh, my goodness! I do that, too! I figure the first one is more likely to have been opened or in the case of refrigerated food, left out and then put back onto the shelf.

I also search the back of the shelf, for the freshest date. The stock clerks probably hate me.
Gonna start getting the second can, Lol...now greeting cards? I never touch the one in front! horrors!
I always get milk and produce from the back and we all poke bread for the softest one don't we????
Old 07-19-2012, 01:14 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by burchquilts View Post
When I was little, I was sure my dolls & stuffed animals had feelings so even if there was one I didn't particularly want to play with, I would anyway because I didn't want it to feel sad or left out. One of my Barbies didn't particularly appeal to me so since I "didn't like her", I felt guilty & would always dress her in the prettiest dresses, Yes, I was a lonely child... LOL!

OK... time to really 'fess up... how many of you "talk" for your dog? Y'know what I mean? DH comes home from work & Leo (via my voice) says "Hi, Dad! How was work today?". Admitting to this will get me put in a rubber room, won't it?
Before my Bitsy went over the Rainbow Bridge I talked to her constantly and she basically understood.
I say basically, bc dh says I can say a lot.
What does he know anyway? He's not listening!
Old 07-19-2012, 01:16 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by raedar63 View Post
I did think of another as I was doing laundry today. I can't stand to wash my cloths with my husbands !

And burchquilts I talk for my dogs all the time
see? see what I mean...I think it is absolutely the most normal-usual thing that I do NOT wash my clothes with my husbands.
We don't use the same wash cloths or towels, why would I put my clothes in the washer with his?
I mean just bc we swap slobber sometimes....LOL
Old 07-19-2012, 01:18 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by needles3thread View Post
mrs theo, I laughed out loud when I read yours.
dang, needles...you can't go and do that....not "quote" mrs. theo, lol,...I don't want to have to go hunt for what was so funny...