Quirky Habits

Old 07-11-2012, 03:53 PM

What a reassuring thread this is - makes me feel downright normal amongst the rest of you who do things the same way I do, like random counting (I think my mother must have taught me numbers by counting stairs and actions).

My DH complains every single time I sneeze. Now, I can't hear myself because I'm busy sneezing, and it just kind of happens, but for him it's meshed fork tines and he always comments on how his eardrums are going to bust apart one day from my sneezes. Unfortunately for him, I love pepper on my food and also seem to have the kind of sinuses that are easily irritated.
When my DD sneezes, she makes a sound like a cuckoo clock - AH-CHOO, cuckoo. What's with that???
Old 07-11-2012, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by quiltsRfun View Post
I make sure all the labels are facing out when I put canned goods on the shelf. It's kind of quirky but it also helps when you're looking for something.
That's not quirky, that's efficient!
Old 07-11-2012, 04:23 PM

I've always envied women with those dainty sneezes, when I sneeze it's loud and not at all delicately.
Old 07-11-2012, 04:40 PM

I have to make my bed in the morning so the sheets are pulled real tight on all sides and same with the blanket. My husband calls it a military bed, then when I pull the sheets down at night in the evening, I pull everything nice and tight as I pull them down and make it look very inviting. I don't like anyone in the house to make our bed as it's just my thing I guess.
Old 07-11-2012, 04:52 PM

What a fun thread! I can't stand crumbs in my silverware drawer. I also seem to have way too much flatware, and the pattern must all match. I don't sleep with a top sheet. My husband always pulled it off onto the floor during the night, after many years I quit trying. Now I sleep with just a quilt, that may be why I use sheets for backing my quilts.
Old 07-11-2012, 05:47 PM

I don't know if this is quirky or not but I have selective hearing.
Old 07-11-2012, 06:13 PM
Power Poster

I read all the replies and they are interesting and fun to read! I honestly can't think of anything I have to do or not do. I asked DH and he said I don't think I've seen you do something the same way twice so I guess that's your quirk. LOL I haven't noticed him having to do something the same way or be stubborn about how something is done. DH said we are floaters. We float right over anything that can cause stress.
Old 07-11-2012, 06:41 PM

I count steps (thought I was the only person in the world doing that) and check every room before going to bed so that everything is in its place. When eating chips (very seldom) I always eat the folded chips first. When eating M&M's candy, I take one piece out of the bag or bowl, then eat only that color. Actually, I do that so I won't eat every single one of them! I clean/check every room by working around the room rather than just random. All the clothes hangers are the same color and hang in the same direction. Clothes in my closet are arrange by type (pants, shirts, suits, etc.) and by color light to dark. I'm going to stop now before I think of anymore quirky things I do!
Old 07-11-2012, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by MaryStoaks View Post
What a fun thread! I can't stand crumbs in my silverware drawer. I also seem to have way too much flatware, and the pattern must all match. I don't sleep with a top sheet. My husband always pulled it off onto the floor during the night, after many years I quit trying. Now I sleep with just a quilt, that may be why I use sheets for backing my quilts.
You use the top sheets for quilt backing and I use mine to make additional pillowcases as DH and I each have 2 bed pillows. Oh, those crumbs in the silveware drawer, when I see them I grab a paper towel and wet it and clean the whole drawer.

I need to stop reading these posts as I have added way too many things to my list, most of which I never thought as being a quirky. .

Last edited by May in Jersey; 07-11-2012 at 07:24 PM.
Old 07-11-2012, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by May in Jersey View Post
You use the top sheets for quilt backing and I use mine to make additional pillowcases as DH and I each have 2 bed pillows. Oh, those crumbs in the silveware drawer, when I see them I grab a paper towel and wet it and clean the whole drawer.

I need to stop reading these posts as I have added way too many things to my list, most of which I never thought as being a quirky. .
ROL!! I thought the same thing!!! And all this time I thought I was thrifty with my time and organized.....now I find out I'm QUIRKY!!! ROl!