Quirky Habits

Old 07-17-2012, 08:09 PM

I am pretty much a slob at home but I did think of a few .
I can not stand to eat microwave popcorn out of the bag ,it must be in a bowl.
I loathe the sound of someone rattling a potato chip bag ,I want them to put the chips in a bowl.
I almost get in a panic if I forget to take a rock of the day to work with me .
And for the poll ,I eat my corn on the cob around and I occasionally have done the two or three rows at a time thing someone else mentioned .
Oh, And I freak out about germs in public areas such as cart handles and restrooms . I always use the first stall too because I read a study that the first stalls are the cleanest because less people use them.
I can never take the first item on the shelf at the store I have to take the second or third etc. If it is the last one on the shelf I wont buy it .
I will only wear "perfume" that I make and only use homemade soap in the shower .
I have to sleep with a mask.
These are all I can think of for now

Last edited by raedar63; 07-17-2012 at 08:12 PM.
Old 07-17-2012, 08:33 PM

Rock of the day??? What is that? I'm also curious about your homemade perfume, raedar63.
Old 07-17-2012, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by raedar63 View Post
. . . I can never take the first item on the shelf at the store I have to take the second or third etc. \. . .
Oh, my goodness! I do that, too! I figure the first one is more likely to have been opened or in the case of refrigerated food, left out and then put back onto the shelf.

I also search the back of the shelf, for the freshest date. The stock clerks probably hate me.
Old 07-17-2012, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by Pam H View Post
Rock of the day??? What is that? I'm also curious about your homemade perfume, raedar63.
I have been an avid rock collector for many years and also study in depth the healing properties of stones . I usually always have a rock of some type with me to carry in my pocket or I make simple jewelery . I make all of my own perfume with essential oils . Kind of like an aroma therapy thing. My most favorite is patchouli and cedarwood , and patchouli and sweet orange or grapefruit . Oh I just love clary sage too . Although I have been on a bergamont kick lately
I could go on and on with this topic lol.
Old 07-17-2012, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by burchquilts View Post
Are you my DD? I swear... that kid makes more lists in a day than I've ever made in my whole life! Maybe that's why she's a lawyer in SoCal & I'm a doggie mom in WI!
Don't think I'm your DD! Although I did have a very dear friend whose last name was Burch!

I'm not a lawyer, I'm a teacher. Even before then (23 years ago) I was an inveterate list maker. It is such satisfaction to cross things off. However I have become much more mellow. If things are leftover to do on the list at the end of the day, I just look at how much I did do. I also think, "Oh well...another day."
Old 07-17-2012, 10:44 PM

For the poll, I eat my corn across the cob in rows. I always try to keep them even. Toilet paper goes rolls from the top, but that's not me that's DH. Just easier to keep up with it than listen to him complain. I always say Hiccup after I hiccup. Didn't notice it till someone pointed it out to me, but my sister does it too so I claim normality with that one. The biggest quirk I have drives my DH crazy. I tend to give objects feelings... ie if I grab a book at the store and the cover is bent, I put it back for a different one, then I feel bad because the first one got it's hopes up. No joke. I blame that one on my Mom though, she's been doing that since I was little.
Old 07-18-2012, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by Quilting Nonnie View Post
Don't think I'm your DD! Although I did have a very dear friend whose last name was Burch!

I'm not a lawyer, I'm a teacher. Even before then (23 years ago) I was an inveterate list maker. It is such satisfaction to cross things off. However I have become much more mellow. If things are leftover to do on the list at the end of the day, I just look at how much I did do. I also think, "Oh well...another day."
OK... here's the real test as to whether or not you're my DD... how many Post-It Notes do you have hanging up or stuck on things in your house? I'm pretty sure Cara Leigh buys her Post-Its buy the case... LOL!

My problem with lists is I get carried away (ME? Nooooo.... LOL!) & put so many things on them that I could never get them all done so I get frustrated & disappointed when, at the end of the day, there are still 4586 things not checked off.
Old 07-18-2012, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by Hylarie View Post
For the poll, I eat my corn across the cob in rows. I always try to keep them even. Toilet paper goes rolls from the top, but that's not me that's DH. Just easier to keep up with it than listen to him complain. I always say Hiccup after I hiccup. Didn't notice it till someone pointed it out to me, but my sister does it too so I claim normality with that one. The biggest quirk I have drives my DH crazy. I tend to give objects feelings... ie if I grab a book at the store and the cover is bent, I put it back for a different one, then I feel bad because the first one got it's hopes up. No joke. I blame that one on my Mom though, she's been doing that since I was little.
When I was little, I was sure my dolls & stuffed animals had feelings so even if there was one I didn't particularly want to play with, I would anyway because I didn't want it to feel sad or left out. One of my Barbies didn't particularly appeal to me so since I "didn't like her", I felt guilty & would always dress her in the prettiest dresses, Yes, I was a lonely child... LOL!

OK... time to really 'fess up... how many of you "talk" for your dog? Y'know what I mean? DH comes home from work & Leo (via my voice) says "Hi, Dad! How was work today?". Admitting to this will get me put in a rubber room, won't it?
Old 07-18-2012, 12:38 PM

I did think of another as I was doing laundry today. I can't stand to wash my cloths with my husbands !

And burchquilts I talk for my dogs all the time
Old 07-18-2012, 01:30 PM

mrs theo, I laughed out loud when I read yours.