Quirky Habits

Old 07-16-2012, 11:30 AM

The "quirk" about loading the flatware in the dishwasher with handles up. I have that quirk!!! I didn't know I did!! LOL BUT - funny story -- I was telling my granddaughter to change and put them in with the handle up. She asked why ---- I told her that because her brother's job was to empty the dishwasher ---to think about it. We KNOW he probably didn't wash his hands after the last time he went to the bathroom...............................ROL -- that poor girl paled out!! Grandson overheard and became quite indignant -- said he DOES wash his hands. LOL
Old 07-16-2012, 12:42 PM

I have thoroughly enjoyed reading this thread. Took a while. All the while saying "I do that!" One exception, the TP HAS to roll off the bottom!!!! You are all WRONG about that one! LOL I can only think of one thing I do that wasn't listed here, and it came to me as I am typing this. I cannot post on a thread until I have read the entire thing, first. And since I have a horrible memory, I usually can't post then cause as I was reading I thought of things to say, but by the time I am done I can't think of any of them. LOL The only dishwasher I have is my DH. And he does the cooking and cleaning. I cannot convince him not to wash my delicates and Light/Bright tops in with his jeans, so now I keep that stuff separate and when I have enough for a load, I throw them in myself. My DGD doesn't want any of her food touching and uses no condiments on anything.And I won't eat anything slimey. Mushrooms, onions greenpeppers, cooked tomatoes.............. And I think the right brain thing is absolutely dead on. But I think it causes me to be a slob!! That's my story and I am sticking to it!! LOL I hope everyone keeps this thread going for a bit, it is fun to read.
Old 07-16-2012, 02:30 PM

Is it the right brain thing that makes me a slob? I knew there had to be some good excuse!
Old 07-16-2012, 04:18 PM

DANG! I'm gonna use that one, too!!! I'm right-brained!!!!! My DH is left-brained and THAT explains a whole heck of a lot!!!! LOL
Old 07-16-2012, 04:26 PM

According to the online tests, I'm slightly over half right-brained and the rest is left-brained. No wonder I'm usually confused! It probably also has something to do with why I talk to and argue with myself.
Old 07-16-2012, 07:25 PM

I can't stand people that snap their gum!

My refrigerator has to be clean and organized. No old food.

Can't stand when someone eats like a pig.

Always open public restroom door with a paper towel! Do you know how many people have touched that door handle and not washed their hands and do you know where their hands have been. Also hate the blow hand dryers.

A barking dog. Funny how the owner can't hear them.

Screaming kids.

I guess I could go on and on.
Old 07-17-2012, 08:29 AM

Oh, yea! snapping gum makes me want to SCREAM! I don't like gum, prob only chewed half a dozen pcs in my life. DH likes to snap his gum, sometimes I think he does it to irritate me. And it does.
There is a comedian, can't remember her name, prob if google "leftbrain"it would come up. She calls her DH "leftbrain" and is she funny!!!!! And I can't say it enough....the TP has to roll from the bottom!!
Old 07-17-2012, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by buslady View Post
Oh, yea! snapping gum makes me want to SCREAM! I don't like gum, prob only chewed half a dozen pcs in my life. DH likes to snap his gum, sometimes I think he does it to irritate me. And it does.
There is a comedian, can't remember her name, prob if google "leftbrain"it would come up. She calls her DH "leftbrain" and is she funny!!!!! And I can't say it enough....the TP has to roll from the bottom!!
Jeanne Robertson!!! I love watching her! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YFRUSTiFUs
Old 07-17-2012, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by buslady View Post
I have thoroughly enjoyed reading this thread. Took a while. All the while saying "I do that!" One exception, the TP HAS to roll off the bottom!!!! You are all WRONG about that one! LOL I can only think of one thing I do that wasn't listed here, and it came to me as I am typing this. I cannot post on a thread until I have read the entire thing, first. And since I have a horrible memory, I usually can't post then cause as I was reading I thought of things to say, but by the time I am done I can't think of any of them. LOL The only dishwasher I have is my DH. And he does the cooking and cleaning. I cannot convince him not to wash my delicates and Light/Bright tops in with his jeans, so now I keep that stuff separate and when I have enough for a load, I throw them in myself. My DGD doesn't want any of her food touching and uses no condiments on anything.And I won't eat anything slimey. Mushrooms, onions greenpeppers, cooked tomatoes.............. And I think the right brain thing is absolutely dead on. But I think it causes me to be a slob!! That's my story and I am sticking to it!! LOL I hope everyone keeps this thread going for a bit, it is fun to read.
Finally! Someone who understands the CORRECT way to hang toilet paper! LOL! And your DGD is a woman after my own heart. My food CANNOT touch & I only eat one thing at a time.

Another "quirk" I didn't even think about is the handles on my pans. DH leaves a small pan on the stove that he heats water in every day (it reminds me of when my DS was little & I kept a little pan of water on the stove to warm bottles in). He just leaves the handle sticking out any ol' way. NO! The handle needs to be turned into the middle of the stove. I think I got in that habit when my kids were little so they wouldn't grab a handle & spill something hot on themselves but it's still with me & it drives me nuts!

Also, the dog's toys all have to be in his toy basket when I go to bed. My sewing? It can be drug out from end of the house to the other, but the dog's toys need to be tidy. Yes, I'm certifiable!
Old 07-17-2012, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by Quilting Nonnie View Post
I'm guilty as charged! I put my silverware upside down in the rack. My reasoning: when I go to unload, I'm only touching the handles, not the part that people put in their mouths.

Calling all list makers! I make a list of everything I am going to do in a day. I'll even make a list after I start, listing everything including the things I've already done. That way I can cross them off! There's such a great feeling of crossing items off a list!
Are you my DD? I swear... that kid makes more lists in a day than I've ever made in my whole life! Maybe that's why she's a lawyer in SoCal & I'm a doggie mom in WI!