Quirky Habits

Old 07-20-2012, 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by Pam H View Post
I have a box that my friend wrapped both the box and the lid in this great silver metallic paper and then put a fabulous bow on it. That is my most special Christmas box. It's so nice that you can just lift the lid off and not unwrap it. I have other boxes that I keep the gift tags on and the same people get them year after year. I guess that might be more thrifty than quirky.....not cheap. No, no, not cheap!
No, that's NOT cheap but it reminds me of my DD's quirky habit. She REFUSES to use gift cards... REFUSES! She just writes the person's initials in little teeny tiny letters on the back. Good thing none of us have the same initials or who knows how nutty our Christmas's would be!
Old 07-20-2012, 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by Quilting Nonnie View Post
Originally Posted by Neesie Okay, someone else surely does this. Last night, I got up to get something to drink. Went into the kitchen and turned on the light. That's when I noticed (due to this thread!) that I only had one eye open and the other tightly shut. Yeah, I always do that but never really thought about it, before. It's normal, right?

I know that dolphins sleep with one eye open!
People (my parents, my kids, my DH) tell me I sleep with my eyes about 2/3 open... does that count?
Old 07-20-2012, 11:16 PM

No one's going to make me give presents in "nice" boxes. Any box that fits is pretty. I even used a tampax box once...it was for a single girlfriend. Just us girls in an apartment, no guys around.

I love those big cereal boxes from Sam's or Costco. They are sooo sturdy. I use them in different rooms for recycle "bins." And they're the greatest for sending things in. I have 2 children, plus their spouses and two dgds who live on the opposite coast. Having sturdy boxes is a priority!
I've been known to use tampax boxes, too... they're a great size! Yes, the big cereal boxes are truly a gift from Heaven... you can put ANYTHING in them!
Old 07-21-2012, 06:36 AM

No one's going to make me give presents in "nice" boxes. Any box that fits is pretty. I even used a tampax box once...it was for a single girlfriend. Just us girls in an apartment, no guys around.
I almost snorted hot tea, through my nose!
Old 07-21-2012, 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by burchquilts View Post
People (my parents, my kids, my DH) tell me I sleep with my eyes about 2/3 open... does that count?
Afraid someone/something will sneak up on you, huh? Yeah, that counts . . . for what, I'm not quite sure . . . but it's got to count for something!!!
Old 07-21-2012, 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by Neesie View Post
Okay, someone else surely does this. Last night, I got up to get something to drink. Went into the kitchen and turned on the light. That's when I noticed (due to this thread!) that I only had one eye open and the other tightly shut. Yeah, I always do that but never really thought about it, before. It's normal, right?
Must be normal, cuz I do it, too!!!!
Old 07-21-2012, 07:36 AM

I'm sure it's just an urban legend but I'm afraid the bat will get in my hair. Plus, they just carry so many awful diseases. Yes, I know how wonderful they are to kill bugs,etc. but given a choice, I'll take skeeters over bats any ol' day of the week. BTW... my 6'3" big, ol strapping DS is PETRIFIED of bats, too!
Not an urban legend!!!! When I was 5 we lived in an old 2 story house --- a bat got in, got in my hair (I had waist length hair then). When it was gone.....I told mom to cut my hair -- YUCK I don't want bat stuff in my hair!!!!!
Old 07-21-2012, 02:31 PM
Power Poster

It's official! We're the same person! I'll put 2 boxes together, too. And I'll use ANY kind of box that I think works. I also save cans (Pringles cans are THE best) & food containers (we have a Chinese restaurant that uses THE perfect take-out plastic containers!). I also have more quilting magazines that I'll EVER read (I still have them from the 90's!). Face it, we're hoarders. But at least we're hoarders who have the right size containers!
lol...I am a bit of a hoarder, but I have a method to my madness and I know where my stuff is, bc I am organized!
Well, I moved my sewing room so I am still in the process of getting re-organized but I will, yes indeedy.
Got to make room for boxes
Old 07-21-2012, 02:32 PM
Power Poster

I have MANY brothers...I am an only female mousie in a bunch of males,...one of my brudders sleeps like this!
Old 07-21-2012, 02:33 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Neesie View Post
I almost snorted hot tea, through my nose!
oooouuuuchie!