Quirky Habits

Old 07-23-2012, 02:31 AM

Originally Posted by Neesie View Post
Afraid someone/something will sneak up on you, huh? Yeah, that counts . . . for what, I'm not quite sure . . . but it's got to count for something!!!
The trouble is... I wear glasses (I'm blind as a bat... oh no... a bat... eek! LOL!) so it does me no good to keep my eyes open.

Speaking of glasses... I'm not sure if I disclosed this quirk of mine or not... I can't wear my glasses when I go to the bathroom. I have no idea why but they bother me (yes, even if I'm only going pee pee). That's weird, right?

Last edited by burchquilts; 07-23-2012 at 02:36 AM.
Old 07-23-2012, 02:33 AM

Originally Posted by Neesie View Post
I almost snorted hot tea, through my nose!
Does that count as a quirk? LOL!
Old 07-23-2012, 02:38 AM

Originally Posted by mardilee View Post
Let's see now. I guess I do have a few quirks. I don't like the foods on my plate to touch, especially if one is juicy or in a liquid (like a pickle). I like the kitchen counters to be completely clear..no dishes or canisters of any kind. I do have a chopping board out though. And when I take a shower, I always wash the same parts in the same order. Gosh, I'm starting to sound a little OCD.
Um, doesn't everybody wash their body in the same order? Left foot, left leg, right foot, right leg, on up...?
Old 07-23-2012, 03:12 AM

I think my biggest quirk is having to get to this site first thing in the AM.
Old 07-23-2012, 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by burchquilts View Post
Um, doesn't everybody wash their body in the same order? Left foot, left leg, right foot, right leg, on up...?
Not me. I start at the top and work my way down. I leave my conditioner on through the whole thing. If my feet are really dirty I will give them a quick cleaning and then it's up to the top.
Old 07-23-2012, 05:59 AM

Where I work, we wear scrubs. Scrubs are made to be reversible; pockets on inside and outside. I always wear my scrubs right side out (as any right minded person would)! I can't stand it when others don't pay attention and just throw them on, inside out with the tag flapping at the base of their neck. Although I always ask and with permission, I've been known to cut off the flapping tag (with scissors that are always in my pocket)!!!
Old 07-23-2012, 06:23 AM

My towels have to be folded a certain way. If someone folds them differently I'll unfold them and refold them. I've taught my sister this when she was very young and my daughter and they are just like me about thier towels now too. Drives the men (when we have them) in our lives crazy.
My cans of food also has to face forward, and organized together, veggies together, soup, etc. Maybe not quirky but it makes since. My knives in my drawers have to go a certain way and I'm always going back in and fixing them when someone else puts them away.
I always push my chair in when I get up from a table/desk and it drives me crazy when people leave it out. At work I'm always pushing the desk chairs back in out of the way and at a resturant I do the same thing. At a restuarant I stack my dishes and pick up any paper from straws, etc to make it easier for waitress to clean up later. After yrs of programming my kids do the same thing.
I guess that's about it. I think I'm too lazy to be to quirky about to many things. I'm not a neat-nick by any means but when I do something I want it done right or what's the use.
Old 07-23-2012, 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by burchquilts View Post
The trouble is... I wear glasses (I'm blind as a bat... oh no... a bat... eek! LOL!) so it does me no good to keep my eyes open.

Speaking of glasses... I'm not sure if I disclosed this quirk of mine or not... I can't wear my glasses when I go to the bathroom. I have no idea why but they bother me (yes, even if I'm only going pee pee). That's weird, right?
Ummmmm . . . .
Old 07-23-2012, 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by orangeroom View Post
Where I work, we wear scrubs. Scrubs are made to be reversible; pockets on inside and outside. I always wear my scrubs right side out (as any right minded person would)! I can't stand it when others don't pay attention and just throw them on, inside out with the tag flapping at the base of their neck. Although I always ask and with permission, I've been known to cut off the flapping tag (with scissors that are always in my pocket)!!!
You keep scissors in your pocket, in order to cut others' tags?
Old 07-23-2012, 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by Pam H View Post
Not me. I start at the top and work my way down. I leave my conditioner on through the whole thing. If my feet are really dirty I will give them a quick cleaning and then it's up to the top.
Me too, top to bottom. Then the soap rinses off as you go; doesn't that make since. You are always supposed to leave the conditioner on for a few minutes so by the time your done washing it's time to rinse.