Rating quilts

Old 05-24-2010, 02:34 PM
Banned

I don't judge any quilts, I love them all, some I just can't quit thinking about, like the dimond log cabin quilt. I will be making that on real soon. I might have to make more than 1, because I love color. I just know I love to see them all. I learn from all comments and all quilts. and I learn something with every project I finish. You all do beautiful work as far as I am concerned. God bless. Penny
Old 05-24-2010, 02:48 PM

I am so impressed with the quilts on the forum that I have started my own quilt show by copying the photos into a folder in word. When I want inspiration I have a place to go.
Great job on all the quilts I have seen so far. Someday maybe.
Old 05-25-2010, 07:55 PM

I agree with Qbeth, we are all our worst critics. I know I'm very critical of my work, but, I fall in love with almost all of my quilts. I don't think I rate other peoples' quilts, I just want to be as good as them. Some day I tell myself. I'm still waiting to make a quilt without twenty mistakes in it.
Old 05-25-2010, 10:05 PM
Power Poster

I don't come here to "rate" anyone's work. I am here for inspiration, learning and to communicate with "like minded" souls. I check in almost everyday and love to see the pics. posted. There is such diversity and depth of feeling in each and every one, traditional, avant-garde, it's like a giant art gallery (but with a sense of humour and a big dollop of heart). So don't anyone stop posting, or questioning or sharing....otherwise this board will be a lesser place.
Old 05-26-2010, 02:45 AM

Mark was not that great when he first started out either and he only makes his tops. Someone else quilts them. This is something he said when I went to a seminar where he spoke. He is funny but he is only human and remember he is male and their perspective can be totally different.
Old 05-31-2010, 01:54 PM

no way do I rate anyone's quilts. Some I like better than others only because we all have different styles and likes, I am not partial to a lot of yellows and greens, love purple, pink and blues. Most times I am blown away by the quilts I see out here and the only rating is "wow, would I be brave enough or talented enough to do that quilt? Most likely NOT!" I am impressed over and over by the quilters out here and feel humbled to be accepted as one of the group. No rating, just ohh and ahh, and learning here.