A Real "Blonde" Moment

Old 03-17-2010, 02:20 PM

I would have called my hubby, he would have come and unlocked it, give me a kiss, and tell me to have a good day.
Old 03-17-2010, 04:38 PM
Power Poster

My girl friend heard that when you die, your hair and nails supposedly still grow. She turned to her husband and said:"OMG will I still be a blonde?" He answered:"You'll be as blonde as you are now." (She dies her hair.) She also asked how the red screens along the interstate were going to hold the fog back. Yes, she is a sweetheart, and I'll have to ask her if she ever locked herself out of the car. If she has, there will be a story. lol
Old 03-17-2010, 04:43 PM
Banned

:lol:
Attached Thumbnails attachment-14424.gif  
Old 03-17-2010, 05:05 PM

Ype, been there, done that. Years ago I had an appointment in an unfamiliar town. I got lost and, it being in the olden days before cell phones, I had to find a pay phone. It was raining. I finally found a phone booth at a run-down gas station but had to park across the parking lot. I didn't want to leave my infant daughter alone in the car so I took her into the phone booth with me, made the call and returned to the car. I got her in the car seat, locked and shut the door, and went around to the drivers side. I was locked out...the keys were on my daughter's lap in the carseat, where I had placed them while buckling her in. I was a tad upset. The baby was crying. I was trying not to cry. I was wet and cold. I was lost in a sleezy part of a strange town. A guy in the gas station took pity and got the door lock pried open, even though he was not too pleased to help. I think if I hadn't had the crying baby he would have made me call a locksmith.
Old 03-17-2010, 05:17 PM

My then hubby was at work 45 miles away, I was warming up the truck to run to the feed mill, put the dog in the cab and shut the door to keep her there while I shut the garage door. She put her big old paw right on the lock button and locked herself in a running truck. I called hubby and all his coworkers thought it was pretty funny. I was in a little panic for fear she might hit the gear shifter while she paced wanting out with me. It took an hour for him to get home with his key, and when he came home that night he had a pretty good copy of a fake driver's liscense for the dog from the coworkers!! We had extra spares made after that! :lol:
Old 03-17-2010, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by MCH
I was at a hockey game in San Jose and realized I had probably not locked my car which was in a lot about 2 blocks away. I got all panicked and told my husband I couldn't remember if I'd locked the car. He didn't seem too concerned, but symapthized. I fretted for a bit, then the light bulb went on! I have OnStar! And I had my cell phone with me...so, I convinced one of the "hall monitors" to let me go out onto the deck to make an "emergency" phone call. After providing correct ID info., the OnStar operator advised me, "Please do not touch the car. We're sending the signal now." "Not an issue. I'm at least 2 blocks away at a hockey game!" Well, I don't know if I locked the car of if OnStar did, but when we returned to it, the car was locked.

A few months later, I was at my son's apartment and parked in the semi-underground parking garage. He was helping me to put things in the trunk. I had locked the car doors and put my purse in the trunk while we were putting things into it. We finished loading the trunk and I closed it.

Immediately, I knew I was in the midst of a "blonde moment". In the trunk, in my purse, were my phone and my car keys. I was so irked with myself, I almost turned into Rumplestiltskin on the spot. I don't do dumb things like that! (That's God you hear laughing in the background).

My son, age 39, and Mr. Calm and Collected, was walking back to the car and saw his obviously pi**ed-off Mom.
"Mom, I have my phone. I'll just call OnStar."
"They can't help because the car is in this semi-underground garage!"
"Mom, I'll call them."
"You don't have the number."
"Mom, it's probably 1-800-OnStar. If not, I'll call information." He proceeded to call the number and got the attendant on the line.
"OnStar, how may I help you?"
Within a minute my car was unlocked...and I could release the trunk lid from inside the car. Oh, and again, they told me, "Do not touch the car. We're sending the signal now." Boy, was it weird to see the lights flash and the horn "toot" as it was "magically" unlocked!

This is not a free plug for OnStar, It's just me being delighted there is OnStar. Fortunately, I haven't had to use it for a serious emergency...but you can be sure I definitely would, should I need to.
Does On-Star have a feature that would send a little electric shock through the keys for when my husband loses his in the pocket of the jeans he has on?
Old 03-17-2010, 07:39 PM

I locked my keys in my car at a turn out view point in MT ST Helens national park in the mid 90's. A man offered to tell them at the only restraurant in the park which was further up the mountain. We had just come from there and the park rangers were eating. No one came. I'm waiting with two little kids and another adult female, the park is about to close and very few cars were coming by. We tried everthing we could think of but I had recessed locks and couldn't stick anything down the side of the window to hook them.
A family with four kids in a van came by - the husband offered to help. He looked my car over- grabbed ahold of the upper right corner of the drivers door frame with his left hand pulled it out about 4 inches from the car frame and reached down with his right hand and unlocked my door. He did it so fast and I was so shocked I almost didn't thank him. Needless to say I checked out the next car I bought as to how the doors shut - under the edge of the frame or flush with it.
We joked for a long time that even though he had a family, looked to be in his late 30's, we could all guess what kind of things he and his friends were up to as teenagers.