A Real "Blonde" Moment

Old 03-15-2010, 04:03 PM

Well, I had lots of things on my mind...got to the mall to use the gift certificate for a manicure and Pedicure. I thought this would help me to relax and stop some of the pain....wrong....
I parked at the mall, and got out of the van and locked the door...with the van STILL RUNNING. Where is my other key??? My husband has it from Saturday night, he never gave it back :? :x
In another blonde moment, I called 911 to see if they could get into my van...She sent mall security to break into my car. :-D I only had to stand out in the cold for around 20 minutes before he showed up....
And no, I am not going to tell my husband...he would enjoy it too much. Even though it is his fault that I didn't have the extra key... :oops: :oops: :oops:
Old 03-15-2010, 04:09 PM

You're a better person than I. I would have said a nasty word, left the van running and figured out what to do after my nails and pedicure. LOL. Oh, and I would not tell hubby, ever, ever!!!!!
Old 03-15-2010, 04:42 PM

OMG!!
I'm sorry, but I'm laughing. Not at you, but with you.
I've actually locked my keys in my van. Panicked, called hubby to ask him to come and unlock for me. With a laugh in his voice he says....why don't you use the keypad on the door to unlock the van? DUH!!! lmao
But, on another note. If my keys are in the ignition with or without the van running, the drivers door won't lock. Silly me, when I locked the keys in, I had them on the seat......
Old 03-15-2010, 04:49 PM

I've had to call DH from church before bc of locking my keys in the car. He's usually pretty good about it.
Old 03-15-2010, 05:35 PM
Power Poster

DD#1 was forever locking herself out of her car... we teased her relentlessly :wink: imagine when the unthinkable happened to me...and I had to call HER to bring me a spare :roll: :oops:
I have one wired under the car to the frame now... I periodically swap it out due to rust...but I don't ever want to have to call her again LMBO

I am happy to hear that you were helped in a relatively short time...I hope the mani/pedi proved to be restufl and calming after that adventure :D:D:D
Old 03-15-2010, 06:09 PM

I had been married twelve years when I first locked my keys in my car. Husband in the Navy.....raised hades with me over the phone because I had to call a locksmith. Welllllll, that week I locked my keys in the house twice more and then I lost my keys at K-mart. All in the same week. I stayed home until our food ran out and the kids had cabin fever........it happens, ya know???? makes you feel pretty 'out of it', but it happens. Join the club, I loose eyeglasses, shoes and other things. I'm always in a circle, so I just sit down and sew. Best reason I can think of. Bless y'all to pieces and quilt.
Old 03-15-2010, 06:17 PM
Power Poster

I've been there. I can laugh now but at the time I was hopping mad.....at myself.
Old 03-15-2010, 06:18 PM

I reported my car stolen at the mall once--it wasn't where I (thought) I parked it. Mall security took all the info, the town police came and took info. Then one of them asked me if I was sure this was where it was parked. Oops--I came out a different door than the one I went in!! Never did tell anyone about this til now LOL!!
Old 03-15-2010, 07:02 PM

I have had those silly blond moments too, except, mine are brown!
Old 03-15-2010, 08:28 PM

My friend was always locking herself out of the car - more than once when she was driving US someplace! We finally made it a routine that when we got out of the car, I wouldn't close my door until she SHOWED me the key! lol