Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
RECENTLY LOCKED USERS (UPDATED) >

RECENTLY LOCKED USERS (UPDATED)

RECENTLY LOCKED USERS (UPDATED)

Old 01-20-2009, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by Moonpi
Let me add my thanks for the hard work Admin and the mods are doing on our behalf. Generally, when I edit a post, it is to correct spelling or grammar. Is there a spellcheck that will work with this board?
If I'm editing, it is for the same reason. I don't always catch all my bad sentences or spelling until it has posted and I re-read it.
Old 01-20-2009, 11:18 AM
Administrator

If I'm editing, it is for the same reason. I don't always catch all my bad sentences or spelling until it has posted and I re-read it.
Yes, most people submit the post first, then re-read it and catch errors. We all do it that way :)

That's why there is a 20-minute time window to allow for edits.
Editing itself is not the problem. I wouldn't mind leaving unlimited edits. It's when people cripple the topics in which others have participated, then I have a problem.

I'm still going through the e-mail I received last night. Here is one e-mail that illustrates what I'm talking about:

I am very frustrated. I tried to read some of the threads, and there is one person that keeps deleting their comments. Then, trying to continue with the thread, after half a dozen folks have commented makes it impossible to even know what is going in.
This is a personal thing, and I am probably not the only one thinking like this. One is reading *by John mostly* and all of a sudden it says 'deleted.' If he doesn't want his stuff read, he shouldn't post.

I bet I am not the only one that thinks this way either...
Old 01-20-2009, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by Admin
Kyiav10, you should be able to edit past posts now. Let me know if it doesn't work for some reason.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!! Will check it out.

Kyia
Old 01-20-2009, 11:39 AM

Admin, Thank you so much, I can edit my swaps. This helps a lot!! :D :D

Kyia
Old 01-20-2009, 12:14 PM

I'm new here and love everything you all do. Just wanted to say keep up the good work.

Susanne
Old 01-20-2009, 12:17 PM

Admin - I would just like to thank you as with the majority of all members here for your long hours input into ensuring that the site is running smoothly.That goes for Patrice & Shadow also. :wink:

This board has been an inspiration for me as a complete novice to the craft of Quilting which I have fallen in love with. I have made some really good friends & hope this will continue to be the case.
Been given advice & praise for my efforts which really does means alot to me.
So we can imagine how important this board is to other members who maybe are at home all day & rely on coming here to meet & chat with their friends. Which without your assistance wouldn't be possible.

Even though you are out of sight Admin, Patrice & Shadow you are not out of mind we all appreciate you here.

Tisha :D :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 01-20-2009, 12:19 PM

I guess I have been out of the loop for a while now. I didn't realize there was anything out of kilter. This is a great site administrator and you three are doing a wonderful job of keeping order. This site to me was a life saver and I feel safe when I am on this site knowing we have people like the 3 of you watching our backs.
Bill'sBonBon
PS. The Girls are Right You are very photogenic. :lol: :lol:
Old 01-20-2009, 12:49 PM

Ditto on the eye-candy! :lol: :wink:
Old 01-20-2009, 12:58 PM

Thanks for your time and attention Admin. Perhaps now we all can get back to the sharing of information, inspiration and plain ole fun that we've all come to enjoy so much. It had been sorely missed for awhile now. I'm so very glad to know things will be going back to the carefree/worry free/non-nit-pic-the-fun-away way of quilting board life again!!
You, Patrice, Shadow and this board ROCK!! Y'all are doing such wonderful jobs and you are ALL greatly appreciated for it!
Old 01-20-2009, 02:03 PM
Power Poster

I just want to add my THANK YOU ! for all that the three of you do ! I have no doubt that it is a time consumming thankless job, but Admin, Patrice and Shadow we really do appreciate all you do ! :!:
Thank You.. Thank You.. Thank You...from the bottom of my quilting heart. Now I am off to find some more pics to drool over, can't wait to see what is new that has been posted since last night....
Sharon