Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Remember when ...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by madamekelly View Post
    The movie "Jailhouse Rock" was released on the day I was born. I remember my favorite candy bar "Big Hunk" was huge and cost only a nickel. I also remember buying bread as a kid at 5 loaves for a dollar!
    I could appreciate the Beatles, Elvis, even the Rolling Stones, but my love for music came alive when I fist heard Queen. Their compositions were so complex! That is the music of my youth.
    If you always do, what you have always done, The results never change. Change is the wings you give yourself.

I remember those times so well. Elvis was just getting started and would come to our local radio station with Scotty and Bill and do live shows. My very good friend worked there and she would bring me with her and I got to be in the studio while they did the show. I got to talk to Elvis a lot, he was funny and loved to joke around and have fun. I think a lot of his problems came from not having freedom to go out with his friends and have fun without being mobbed. I loved the poodle skirts and all the full skirts and the birth of rock and roll that our parents thought was a sin.

Yes remember all those things. I was camping with friends in Northern Minnesota when Elvis died. There will never be another Elvis.

I worked in Albert Lea MN there was a pizza place called "The pizza cellar" best pizza ever. also spamoni ice cream. Just can't buy that anymore. back then a small dip cost 25 cents so suppose it would be too expensive to make that good now. A few months ago I also rented a french horn for 2 months.(I sold mine when I graduated to help pay for my college). I don't remember the fingerings . The last 2 weeks it just sat there. I guess I would rather spend my time quilting! memories.

I saw him in concert 4 times, once in SF and 3 in Las Vegas, every time I was blown away by the reactions of the female crowd, he was handsome and I liked him and his voice, but I never went gaga over him.

I was in high school, I remember my parents having fits about him and they said the world was coming to an end!
    I liked his singing, but his actions were a little much at that time. I went on a tour of his home many years later, and saw the rooms where they practiced in and all the suits he wear, nearly got tossed out when took a picture picture of them. I also saw his air plane & cars even the pink convertible, it was all great!!!

Power Poster
    I felt sick when he died...I was in my late 20s and Elvis was a big part of my growing up in the 50s and 60s. He will always be the greatest...

Quote Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
    I bought my kids a stocking stuffer tin of Mackintosh's toffee for Christmas this year. It was $6 but I remember when I could buy it in a box for 5 cents. I took it out of the box and it was a bar wrapped in wax paper. Before I opened the wax paper, I would smack the rectangle on the table with my hand to break it into pieces. Does anyone remember this stuff? I loved it!
    I remember it well!

remember? remember...what's that, lol!
    I loved Elvis and was a bit shocked to learn he would
    be 80...wow.

I remember Good and Plenty, Lassie and getting in the walk in
    movie with bottle caps. Too tired to jog the noodle...but I do
    remember if my gma was here, she'd make me onions, butter
    and honey (syrup) for my cough
    It is a blessing, to be a blessing !
    ~Quilters are warm people!!!~
    cheese brings parties together

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...HJV/weight.png