Sad day

Old 10-08-2011, 01:09 PM

Thanks all so much. I will let you know as soon as we know how she is.
Old 10-08-2011, 01:10 PM

Seems she had the meds in her a long time before she had that problem..........usually allergic reactions happen faster (at least in humans). I'm wondering if she had some health problems you weren't aware of.............and maybe the other cats knew it (hence, they bullied it). Some animals will kick out an ill animal from the "herd" to protect the herd.
Old 10-08-2011, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by Lisanne
Why not call the vet who prescribed the meds? See what s/he thinks about the cat's reaction. I'd hate to see her die or endure needless damage.

I really, really hope it's not too late.
We will but we can't untill Monday. I can't believe she's not with us anymore
Old 10-08-2011, 01:15 PM

She had her regular check ups and nothing was wrong with her. Two of the other cats have minor heart problems. Besides an infection when she was a kitten and still living with me she was never ill or had any health problems. The other three prevented her from getting off the litter a few times and she was afraid of using it ever since.
Old 10-08-2011, 01:46 PM

Some animals don't seem to tolerate those sedatives very well. My lab gets very stressed when we have to travel. Recently we had to take a 3-hour trip. I gave him a mild sedative that was supposed to simply help him relax. I gave him the smallest dose possible. When we got there, he couldn't stand or walk. For three days he behaved as if he had mad cow disease. I'll never give him that stuff again.
Old 10-08-2011, 01:47 PM

So sorry to hear this.

I too am shocked at a vet telling them to put her in a cold spot to wait and see if she was dead. OMG!!! NO!!!
Old 10-08-2011, 01:51 PM

If she wasn't that far away I would go and get her. I still can't believe this is happening.
Old 10-08-2011, 01:59 PM

Hope the kitty is okay!
Old 10-08-2011, 03:12 PM

I am sorry... {hugs}
Old 10-08-2011, 04:12 PM

Quite frankly it sounds like an epileptic seizure and if she passed, it was probably because of the head bump or it was a grand mal seizure.

When my Schmoo had her seizure she did exactly the same thing, she bumped off walls and ran around crazy, apparently when they have a seizure their eyesight doesn't come back right away and it scared her so she took off and bumped off of everything before I grabbed her.

I sure hope the kitty is ok, but at this point if the people aren't keeping in touch with you, I'd suspect the cat didn't come out of the seizure.

I'd also like to ask if these people are friggen morons that they can't tell whether the cat is dead or not, and why didn't they just bring the cat to the vet instead of just calling the vet? Also, what's the deal with putting the cat in a cold place to see if she's dead or not?

It seems strange that all was well with this kitty UNTIL the 3 male cats starting bullying her, maybe something was going on with this cat that went undetected, like epilepsy. Other cats can tell when something is wrong with another cat, maybe that's why she never got along with any of the cats.

I'm sorry for your loss, but these people sound like a real bunch of winners (sarc).