Scary movies

Old 10-18-2011, 06:03 AM

I love to watch scary movies, only not when I'm alone! The only one I refuse to watch again is The Exorcist!
Old 10-18-2011, 06:31 AM

boy, I don't know.....my girls watched them and I "Supervised". I kinda like the "Scream" series because they are so fake it's hilarious.

However, the new show "American Horror Story" is really spooky!!!!!
Old 10-18-2011, 06:50 AM

I don't have much time to watch movies. When I do take the time it will not be scary. I hate scary movies. I have nightmares when I watch them.
Old 10-18-2011, 07:22 AM

ANY movie with stuffed dolls that move on their own will scare the stuffing out of me (no pun intended) like in the Tommyknockers. If the doll happens to be a clown (Poltergeist) I'll be having even more nightmares! The original Puppetmaster is just too CREEPY with those things wandering around....
Old 10-18-2011, 08:29 AM

I love scary movies and sci-fi. I just watched The Thing last night. COOL. I loved all the new Mummy films. The Rock is pretty cool too. No more date movies, or chick flicks for me. Give me the action, drama, and comedy.
Old 10-18-2011, 08:34 AM

I like spooky movies too! Also like Ghost Hunters, Ghost Adventures, etc. Don't like bloody, just spooky. Always have, guess I always will! Maybe it's the mystery?
Old 10-18-2011, 08:49 AM

I haven't seen anything that could possibly be called a scary movie in years.

Last good one was the black and white version of the Living Dead.

My husband says......The Thing and Aliens.
Old 10-18-2011, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by traumaRN
It's that time of year again when AMC, Syfy, and TCM will be running their Halloween movie marathons. I am a sucker for scary movies and love watching stories about ghosts and haunted houses. I can't say that I have a favorite movie but I was wondering if you guys have a favorite scary movie?
How else could I have learned how to keep vampires and werewolves away if it were not for scary movies? Garlic and crosses made out of twigs are absolute necessities! I don't watch things like Silence of the Lambs, but black and white Lon Chaney and Bela Lugosi movies still can't be beat! On the other hand, I loved Jurassic Park, which is nothing other than a reincarnation of the Frankenstein genre. froggyintexas
Old 10-18-2011, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by Quiltbeagle
ANY movie with stuffed dolls that move on their own will scare the stuffing out of me (no pun intended) like in the Tommyknockers. If the doll happens to be a clown (Poltergeist) I'll be having even more nightmares! The original Puppetmaster is just too CREEPY with those things wandering around....
I take it you wouldn't want to sit down and watch Chucky or Bride of Chucky. I get kinda creeped out by doll movies to.
I even have trouble watching IT by Steven King. That man has a twisted mind. Tommyknockers is one I cannot sit all the way through. The DH is a huge SK fan. Everytime one of his books come out or turns into a movie he is watching or reading.

I have only one movie I refuse to watch because it scares the living daylights our of me and that is Entity. Saw that movie once years ago and couldn't take a shower in an enclosed shower for years. Even now it creeps me out to use a glass enclosed show. Shower scene in Phsyco didn't scare me as much as this one did.
Most horror movies I try to avoid because I don't care for them much.
Old 10-18-2011, 09:18 AM

When I was 11 years old, I watched "Abbott & Costello Meet Frankenstein" with my Mom. Scared me to death. Now whenever I see it, I get a real kick out of it. I just didn't appreciate the humor way back then. I do now.