Scary website

Old 03-24-2010, 03:28 PM

They have me married to my son. Ewwwww...
Old 03-24-2010, 03:40 PM

its not so scary..LOL
My old house listed at 1 mil+ and I had no mean ass kids....LOL

O wonder how they figure my house is worth a million + and its a below average neighbor. Could the reason be that there is no guard shack at the beginning of the dirt road?
Old 03-24-2010, 03:45 PM
Google Goddess

that is scary!
Old 03-24-2010, 03:54 PM
Power Poster

:lol: :lol: I checked on mine...lots of stuff is wrong with mine although some of it is close. I plugged in my Dad's name and almost fell off my chair laughing! His wife's name is wrong, his race is wrong, his education is wrong, he supposedly has NO children..(well..duh...what am I??)...Lots and lots wrong...Pam, if you go to your state's website and search your name for property information...you really will be scared! I just try not to do that kind of stuff too often...it just makes me mad (until I am snooping about someone else :roll: )
Old 03-24-2010, 04:12 PM

LOL! I searched for my husband and myself and it says that our house is worth $1M+, but, get this- has no central heating system. We live in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Kinda need that heat up here. It even had our astrological signs wrong.

I also tried my cousin and it said she likes HUNTING. So NOT the case. Also, she paid a lot MORE for her house than we did for ours, and it lists her home value as a couple hundred thousand LESS than ours. (LOL! Our price ranges go by tens of thousands, not hundreds of thousands!) Also, it lists her as having only a high school diploma and she has her masters degree.

So, in my opinion it isn't very accurate, at least for us. The stuff it IS accurate on is public, readily available info. I wouldn't worry too much about it.
Old 03-24-2010, 04:27 PM

I looked at myself and people I know. Alot of the information is wrong.

I think the only thing right on most people is the name, address and phone number, and I even found that to be wrong.

As a former programmer and with all of the data bases out there, there is a ton of information about everyone online. For instance, any person who goes to college and asks for financial aid, MUST file online a FAFSA form. That has all the information anyone would ever need to steal your identity. They have your SS#, name, address, tax forms, etc.

In New York, it is now mandatory (from what I was told) to file all Sales Tax forms online. They plan on making it that all NYS taxes will have to be paid online. From my experience, no matter what they say, ALL DATABASES CAN BE HACKED!
Old 03-24-2010, 04:36 PM

Mine and my DH's is wrong also.
Old 03-24-2010, 05:13 PM
Power Poster

Some of it was close but most was way off. It says I have lived in my house for 10 years. ( It's more like 13 years). But my DD has lived here for 15 years. I don't know how she managed that. :lol:
Old 03-24-2010, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter
Interesting. Everyone I know lives in a $1,000,000 + house in a below average neighborhood. Much of the other stuff was fairly accurate. All the addresses were correct.
LOL, I noticed that, too, about the house prices and the neighborhoods.

I'm not listed, thank heavens.

It looks to me like they gather this information in part from marketing firms. Like when you mail in one of those product registration forms and they want to know all your other interests - those are listed. Since I learned long ago not to send those in (and to give only the most minimal info in those cases where it's required), they won't know that about me.

It was funny to look up guys I used to know and see interior decorating and romance novels listed among their interests. Not likely for those guys! More like their wives filled out the cards and stuck the guys' names on as head of household.
Old 03-24-2010, 05:37 PM

There are other websites like this. http://www.pipl.com is one. And you can get so much info off of Facebook even without friending someone, it isn't funny.